The Student Room Group

UKChO 2024

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when the results/boundaries are coming out?
Original post by Michael65
Does anyone know when the results/boundaries are coming out?
We don't know exactly when, but considering last year was released on 3rd March and the years before that were released late February, I'd say by the end of the week, or start of next week by latest.
Just saw grade boundaries were released for 2024:
Bronze = 10-17
Silver = 18-29
Gold = 30+

From what I can see Round 2 = 60 and above for top 34 students. I'm so annoyed cause I got 58, but oh well. Can't say I'm not disappointed though.
Good luck to everyone who's into the next round!
Link: 2024 Chemistry Olympiad round one results | RSC News | RSC Education
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by ahmed995482
you got 1 more mark than me and i just got an invite so (unless they’ve taken several marks off you) i think you might get one soon!!
I think your paper increased in marks when moderated, from what I can see in the released grade boundaries (it zooms in on top entrants) Round 2 should be a 60+. Good luck in the next round though!
What score do you think is top 100? I am curious to know and the bars are quite difficult to measure
Original post by bigman_caramel
What score do you think is top 100? I am curious to know and the bars are quite difficult to measure
Can't really tell, but I'm guessing it's 51 and above, give or take 1-2 marks
Original post by Razzledazzle310
I think your paper increased in marks when moderated, from what I can see in the released grade boundaries (it zooms in on top entrants) Round 2 should be a 60+. Good luck in the next round though!
after looking at the graph i’m not quite sure how my score made it in all honesty, to go up by 3+ marks is somewhat miraculous. I was thinking it’s some sort of mistake. Also i counted the number of 60+ scores and it turned out to be 35 not 34, so maybe the graph isn’t the finalised one or something, idk.
Thank you, looking back i shouldn’t have got your hopes up like that but who knew that my score was going to increase😅
after looking at the graph i’m not quite sure how my score made it in all honesty, to go up by 3+ marks is somewhat miraculous. I was thinking it’s some sort of mistake. Also i counted the number of 60+ scores and it turned out to be 35 not 34, so maybe the graph isn’t the finalised one or something, idk.
Thank you, looking back i shouldn’t have got your hopes up like that but who knew that my score was going to increase😅
I also saw it added to 35, not 34, but I assume an international student maybe got that score, so they probably aren't able to do round 2.

Don't worry about getting my hopes up, of course I wanted to get into round 2 but at least I can focus more on my A levels. I already got an offer from Cambridge for medicine, so I'm happy about that.

I was mainly disappointed because I did the Chemistry Cambridge Challenge last year, and got 58 which was 1 mark from Roentgenium (top 30 in country), so happening again was a bit sad.

Again, good luck in Round 2! It will be an amazing experience I'm sure, and maybe you can even get into team selection!
I also saw it added to 35, not 34, but I assume an international student maybe got that score, so they probably aren't able to do round 2.

Don't worry about getting my hopes up, of course I wanted to get into round 2 but at least I can focus more on my A levels. I already got an offer from Cambridge for medicine, so I'm happy about that.

I was mainly disappointed because I did the Chemistry Cambridge Challenge last year, and got 58 which was 1 mark from Roentgenium (top 30 in country), so happening again was a bit sad.

Again, good luck in Round 2! It will be an amazing experience I'm sure, and maybe you can even get into team selection!
I think I’d need my second miracle to get onto the team but after what happened with my score I’ll keep believing! Last year I was annoyed at myself for getting 55 on C3L6, nevermind 58. The grade boundaries were very high last year and I was convinced that my score could’ve made it, so I learnt my lesson this time to not get my hopes up. You’re clearly at the standards of someone who makes it into the next round of these competitions just pretty unlucky, and very well done on Cambridge. Also what college did you apply, I got a downing offer
I think I’d need my second miracle to get onto the team but after what happened with my score I’ll keep believing! Last year I was annoyed at myself for getting 55 on C3L6, nevermind 58. The grade boundaries were very high last year and I was convinced that my score could’ve made it, so I learnt my lesson this time to not get my hopes up. You’re clearly at the standards of someone who makes it into the next round of these competitions just pretty unlucky, and very well done on Cambridge. Also what college did you apply, I got a downing offer
Offer from Emmanuel for medicine, congratulations on your offer as well. What subject are you studying, Natural Sciences or something else?
Original post by 10C
Has anyone done the 2024 UK Chemistry Olympiad? If so, how was it for you?
If anyone didn't know the grade boundaries are now at. Still dk what I got tho.

https://edu.rsc.org/rsc-education-news/2024-chemistry-olympiad-round-one-results/4019075.article
(edited 1 month ago)

roentgenium was top 61
Original post by Toffeeton
roentgenium was top 61

Only about 30 people actually turned up to the camp tho, idk why
Original post by Ariichu

Only about 30 people actually turned up to the camp tho, idk why

it was split into two weekends
Reply 54
Original post by Toffeeton
roentgenium was top 61
There is no roentgenium lmao, this is the UK Chemistry Olympiad not the C3L6. Camp is roughly top 30 lol
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Hatman1
There is no roentgenium lmao, this is the UK Chemistry Olympiad not the C3L6. Camp is roughly top 30 lol

some guy was talking about it
Original post by Ariichu
I got 67

Excellent score!
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest