The Student Room Group

Adult nursing (blended) anyone on this course?

Hi I have a place on the adult nursing (blended) for January wanted to know if anyone on hear can share some experience? And we’re you able to work at least 15 hours a week? And are the placements a bit flexible?

Thanks
Original post by Ilyana21
Hi I have a place on the adult nursing (blended) for January wanted to know if anyone on hear can share some experience? And we’re you able to work at least 15 hours a week? And are the placements a bit flexible?

Thanks

I was able to work 15 hours a week during theory stints and my nursing degree wasn't "blended".
As for placements, this is a different matter - you have to be there 37.5 hours a week to get all your hours in (as well as be there enough to get your paperwork signed off).
Most community placements are 9-5 Monday-Friday so your options for working g are only really weekends.
On shift pattern placements you're generally expected to spend a certain amount of time with your mentor/assessor (this is no longer set in stone by the NMC - it used to be 40% of time on placement with a mentor, this has disappeared but working with your mentor/assessor means that they can actually assess you and sign your paperwork properly); some of then give some flexibility, some won't, some can't due to the number of student allocated to that area. It is possible to do paid work alongside placements but it can be really tiring.
(edited 1 year ago)
Which uni are doing it with I'm start January blended with open university and uwe.
Reply 3
Hi emilybaker16 sorry for the late reply I am due to start at Huddersfield university. Do you work? I just can’t afford not to work soo in two minds now
I do work but will only do bank once I start as you are still entitled to matience grant and nhs learning fund. X
Reply 5
What is nhs learning fund? Have you taken a Tuition fee loan out to pay for course?

Thanks
What is nhs learning fund? Have you taken a Tuition fee loan out to pay for course?

Thanks

NHS learning fund is the £5000 a year NHS bursary you get on top of your maintenance loan. As long as you have/are entitled to student finance, you get this, too.

Hey I have taken tuition loans out as I only pay 12pounds a month back after 27 thousand take home so u never pay it back it get wiped after 30 years. Maintenance grants depends on your circumstances but pat it back with tuition loans and the nhs learning fund Is a grant so u don't need to pay it back it can't be included as income and starts of 5000 a year but extra if you have children under 15.

I think this is a great way to do nursing as u are still able to work if u need to when not on placement as u can study when suits you. For me when my children are at school.
Reply 8
Perfect thanks for this information I was hesitating to take tution fee loans out and didn’t want to fall in debt. I have a 15 month old and a 4 year old but really want to get this nursing degree done also what uni are you going too? I’m hoping blended nursing is a bit flexible and can do more studying from home.
Blended nursing with uwe from what I understand is all lectures and academics are done from home and you go to uni for a week every So often for simulation week at uni and then placements it works better for me as I have a 9 7& 3 year old so It the the only way I can do it.
Xx
Reply 10
Hi @emilybaker16

Just needed a bit more information soo can I get the nhs grant, maintenance loan and grants available and will my universal credit stop if I don’t work regular hours, really confused and worried as I have 2 children a 1 year old and 4 year old.

Thanks
If you get it now as a family.
Your maintenance loan is classed as earning with universal credits which they divide the amount you get between 12 months they are not allowed to include the 7000 nhs learning fund though so u will get this on top.

But double check you fit the criteria.
Xx
Just seen this thread as I am in the process of applying for blended nursing BSC at Huddersfield and wondering how you have found it? What are the placements like and how often are you at the university? Any help and info would be much appreciated
Reply 13
Original post by Louise2300
Just seen this thread as I am in the process of applying for blended nursing BSC at Huddersfield and wondering how you have found it? What are the placements like and how often are you at the university? Any help and info would be much appreciated
Hi Louise,No feedback but I’m currently in the process of applying before deadline day for this course. Went to the uni last night for their open day for a little more info, would be nice to be in touch with someone who’s also potentially going.
Brilliant, do you have any info from the open day at all? I couldn’t get yesterday as didn’t finish work until 6 but have spoken to a tutor. Agree would be lovely to know somebody before we start!
Reply 15
Hey, I have applied for this, and I have an interview for Monday. How did your interview go? It's a very competitive degree I am sure x
Hi guys,can we have a watsap group for blended nursing student who intended or have applied to Huddersfield university.if u agree pls kindly drop ur Instagram handle
Perfect thanks for this information I was hesitating to take tution fee loans out and didn’t want to fall in debt. I have a 15 month old and a 4 year old but really want to get this nursing degree done also what uni are you going too? I’m hoping blended nursing is a bit flexible and can do more studying from home.

Hi sis,are international student eligible for the loan you talking about?
I have two todlers too,juggling work family had studies is a big task
Original post by Shekinah glory
Hi guys,can we have a watsap group for blended nursing student who intended or have applied to Huddersfield university.if u agree pls kindly drop ur Instagram handle

Hi I would love to join the group but don’t have instagram?
Original post by Louise2300
Hi I would love to join the group but don’t have instagram?

Hi,great! You can hi me on itunuolaseni @ imstagram

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending