The Student Room Group

UoH scenario interview

hi! i have a adult nursing interview on monday, they gave me 2 scenarios, but i was wondering if anyone knew how i would answer both during the interview?

scenario 1:
you are on your first clinical placement. you are in an elevator with two nurses from another ward who are talking about a patient.

scenario 2:
you are a student nurse working a night shift on a busy medical ward when the nurse in charge asks you to admit a new patient. the patient is an 86-year-old female patient who the medical team want to investigate having been found on the floor at home. the patient was found by her home carers at 20.30 hours, she has now arrived on your ward after an 8 hour wait in intense pain in the accident and emergency department. nn initial introduction the patient is wearing her night clothes, appears to be disorientated to time and place and is accompanied by her daughter.
Hey,

For the first scenario it is important to discuss the major issue of breaching confidentiality. This is because they are talking about patients in a public area where anyone can use the lift.

For the second scenario it is important to show that you would be caring and to discuss the other 6Cs.

To find out more about the 6C's and other interview tips check out this post: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7418316 :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CCCU Health Rep
Hey,

For the first scenario it is important to discuss the major issue of breaching confidentiality. This is because they are talking about patients in a public area where anyone can use the lift.

For the second scenario it is important to show that you would be caring and to discuss the other 6Cs.

To find out more about the 6C's and other interview tips check out this post: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7418316 :smile:

hii, thank youu so much that helped a lot, i just didn’t know how to word, but i understand that fully now, so thank youu again! 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending