The Student Room Group

Uea or Kent

Kent for bsc business and marketing or uea for marketing and management ma

I have seen a Creative Advertising and Art Direction, BA Hons at Greenwich but it seems to be a very new degree and there doesn't seem to be alot of information about graduate views or average earning or careers.

Also looking into city London for COMMUNICATION, PR AND ADVERTISING .

Ideally want a career within marketing or and work up to creative or art direction.

Any advice would be great
Original post by Rose_99
Kent for bsc business and marketing or uea for marketing and management ma

I have seen a Creative Advertising and Art Direction, BA Hons at Greenwich but it seems to be a very new degree and there doesn't seem to be alot of information about graduate views or average earning or careers.

Also looking into city London for COMMUNICATION, PR AND ADVERTISING .

Ideally want a career within marketing or and work up to creative or art direction.

Any advice would be great

Hey @Rose_99,

I hope you're keeping well. :smile:

I completely understand that feeling of being uncertain about your path but let me say, that's where Kent helps and shines. For me, it's helped provide the perfect environment to explore options and ignite passions, all while preparing me for a successful career in an ever-evolving world. So I'll just put my thoughts here and hopefully that might help you:

1. Diverse Programs: The university has degree programs which let you tailor your studies to your interests. You're able to delve into areas like digital marketing, data intelligence, and even creativity and innovation - alongside your regular topics of study. This flexibility is something which applies to all modules in all subjects, and frankly, I've loved being able to study whole areas of sub-topics which are incredibly influential, yet me not having known about it just a few months before having taken it!

2. Expert and Kind Faculty: The professors here include both industry veterans and world-renowned scholars who shape the marketing landscape. I'm sure that they're passionate teaching and real-world insights will not only help deepen your knowledge but also inspire you to think creatively and tackle challenges head-on. You'll hopefully soon realise creativity isn't solely useful for just aesthetics, but can be an incredibly powerful tool in sokving technical problems as well!
Plus, my genuine favourite part of having studied at the university is the amount of support that I and all the other students are given. You'll not only be given Drop-in classes in some modules alongside regular classes (which are essentially an entire class hour just dedicated to asking questions), but you also get consulation hours with a professor (whereby they put down all they do to further help with answering your questions if need be), and also you get your own academic advisor (a professor dedicated to helping make sure you're on track with your work and academic liefstyle) - alongside a copius amount of support services which are solely there to help you keep up in case you fall back. Such departments include the Academic Support Services, but also you can recieve help from Mental Health support services, Work Opportunity Services, General Advice Nexus, etc. Honestly, I'm not lying when I say the amount of support the Uni has offered has helped me immeasurably in being able to comfortably succeed academically as a student!

3. Career-focused Experience: Alongside all this, the university wants you to immerse yourself in practical learning through internships, case studies, and industry placements. Both our University and our alumni have had incredible links to many organisations, both creative and established like JPMorgan, Bank of England, Bloomberg, we've had business students win the MTV Europe Awards, and returning alumni give talks on marketing for Vodafone, etc. - all just to give you hands-on experience and build a network that will propel your career.

4. Beautiful Campus Life: Beyond academics, I've loved Kent as a whole as it (not just the uni) has welcomed me and offered a compassionate community where you can explore your creative side, network with future colleagues, and discover new passions. In a word, I'd say it's underrated - like a hidden gem. The city encapuslates the beauty of historic architecture whilst keeping itself rural and modern at the same time by being a smaller city whilst enjoying the proximity of London. At the uni, there are marketing societies and student-run businesses to global study opportunities and worldwide speakers coming to talk about the latest research. It's genuienly a place where you'll find support and inspiration at every turn.

Choosing a university is a big decision, and I know you have options. But at Kent, I can geneuinely say that it's not just about providing education but it supports your future and ambitions. I can tell that you have the potential to be a game-changer in the marketing world, and I think Kent is able to guide you every step of the way.

Nevertheless, choosing a Uni is a big decison - so attend an open/applicant day
I know that you'd be perfect to join the community and discover your unique marketing path at the University of Kent.
Anyways, I'll stop yapping now! I hope this helped you, even if just a bit! :smile:

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Student and Representative
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending