The Student Room Group

Kent, Brunel or Roehampton for psychology conversion?

I've been offered places at all three universities but I'm not sure which is considered the best! Does anyone have any experience? Thank you.
Original post by Jayusan
I've been offered places at all three universities but I'm not sure which is considered the best! Does anyone have any experience? Thank you.

Hey!

Unfortunately, I didn't do an online conversion course but can speak for Kent more generally - I'm probably a bit biased but have personally loved my time at Kent. Even in my BSc Psychology course, when I did most of my 2nd and whole of my 3rd year online (due to COVID), I found it to still be really engaging and the lecturers seemed genuinely interested in what they were teaching. I've also gone on to do an MSc in Organisational & Business Psychology which has also had some online elements, and still found the teaching style to be really supportive!

Whilst I may be a bit biased, I did do my 1st year at UEA and then transferred so have had a bit of experience with how other unis teach, and personally much preferred Kent! Kent also generally has really good graduate prospects as well & good research facilities if you're on campus :smile:

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, let me know!!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by Jayusan

I've also received offers from all three and I've heard good things about all!

I have narrowed it down to Kent or Roehampton, but Brunel was up there too, it is just that it is more expensive than the other two. I'm leaning more to Kent as the School of Psychology looks amazing and I love course, though not too sure about having exams but I'm willing to sacrifice.
Original post by nishadea
I've also received offers from all three and I've heard good things about all!

I have narrowed it down to Kent or Roehampton, but Brunel was up there too, it is just that it is more expensive than the other two. I'm leaning more to Kent as the School of Psychology looks amazing and I love course, though not too sure about having exams but I'm willing to sacrifice.

Hey!

You'll have to check but I'm pretty sure for the conversion course, the exams are online (normally 2 hour timed or 24 hour), which makes them much less stressful as you have time to plan what you're going to say .etc :smile:

Best of luck with your decision!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending