The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

HCP-med 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi All, I still have not received my conditions through anyone else in the same boat? 😳
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Ng1980
Hi All, I still have not received my conditions through anyone else in the same boat? 😳

Yes, me. We’re in the same boat.
Reply 42
I’ve received mine, I got them last Wednesday. Maybe drop them an email?
Reply 43
Original post by Nursing4twoyears
Yes, me. We’re in the same boat.

That’s so strange that they’ve sent conditions to some people and not others. I sent another email at the end of last week. I’ll give it until tomorrow and get in touch again.
Original post by Ng1980
That’s so strange that they’ve sent conditions to some people and not others. I sent another email at the end of last week. I’ll give it until tomorrow and get in touch again.

I got mine today at 15:48.
Reply 45
I got mine today at 15:48.

Thanks for letting me know, hopefully I’ll get mines soon too 🤞
Hi, congratulations to all offer holders! I am a prospective applicant and was wondering if any of you wouldn’t mind sharing your UCAT scores? Also if not too much to ask, what are the conditions of the offers?
Hi all congrats I’ve received my offer too! Was anyone in the first session of interviews?
Original post by Studentagainat40
Hi all congrats I’ve received my offer too! Was anyone in the first session of interviews?

Congratulations to you too. Yes I was at the first session.
Reply 49
Original post by resilientsam
Hi, congratulations to all offer holders! I am a prospective applicant and was wondering if any of you wouldn’t mind sharing your UCAT scores? Also if not too much to ask, what are the conditions of the offers?

IMG_3288.jpeg
Reply 50
Original post by Studentagainat40

Congratulations 🥳 I was in the afternoon session on 22nd
Original post by Ng1980
IMG_3288.jpeg

Many thanks for sharing. 🙏🏼
Reply 52
Original post by resilientsam

The UCAT scores for previous years can be found here - https://www.ed.ac.uk/medicine-vet-medicine/edinburgh-medical-school/mbchb-for-healthcare-professionals/how-to-apply/hcp-med-admissions-statistics

Generally speaking, if you've scored in the top 50% of scores and the rest of your application is sound, you should have a good shot at an interview. Medify really helped me with preparation for the UCAT.
Original post by Skirkle
The UCAT scores for previous years can be found here - https://www.ed.ac.uk/medicine-vet-medicine/edinburgh-medical-school/mbchb-for-healthcare-professionals/how-to-apply/hcp-med-admissions-statistics

Generally speaking, if you've scored in the top 50% of scores and the rest of your application is sound, you should have a good shot at an interview. Medify really helped me with preparation for the UCAT.

That sounds encouraging, and thank you for the Medify suggestion; will definitely look into it!
Hi, I'm wondering if any of you plan to work part-time or do bank shifts as soon as we start in September 2024. I'm kind of stuck between going part-time at my current place of work or just doing bank shifts.
Reply 55
I’m planning to work 22.5 hours a week in my nhs job and will be getting the 3 residential weeks as study leave so feels like the right thing to do.
Sounds like a good plan. Do you know if study leave is paid or unpaid with NHS?
Reply 57
Sounds like a good plan. Do you know if study leave is paid or unpaid with NHS?

I got mines paid and so did a few of my friends who have done the course. It’s usually at the discretion of line manager
Reply 58
How’s everyone getting on with the pre-req’s? I got my unconditional letter on Friday and my work’s approval to switch to part-time hours. Excitement is through the roof and part of me is wishing September to arrive quickly!
Reply 59
Yes finally got the unconditional through as well last week, feels strange as been such an intense year. I’m feeling so excited but also nervous. Making the most of my free time just now! looking forward to meeting you all 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending