The Student Room Group

History at Murray Edwards

I just got accepted to Murray edwards for history. I got pooled after applying to Clare.
If anyone has any helpful / encouraging stories or information about medwards that would be great. As a history student the medieval architecture of Cambridge really appealed to me, so was a bit disappointed by the brutalist of medwards as well as its all girls environment.
I hadn’t even heard of it before I got my email and after looking through the feed it seems like people don’t have many nice things to say about it.

Finally, just wondering if you can attend church at any college as I’m fairly certain medwards does not have a chapel and I’m Christian and would love to attend church during my time at uni.
Reply 1
Original post by Sherpa
I just got accepted to Murray edwards for history. I got pooled after applying to Clare.
If anyone has any helpful / encouraging stories or information about medwards that would be great. As a history student the medieval architecture of Cambridge really appealed to me, so was a bit disappointed by the brutalist of medwards as well as its all girls environment.
I hadn’t even heard of it before I got my email and after looking through the feed it seems like people don’t have many nice things to say about it.

Finally, just wondering if you can attend church at any college as I’m fairly certain medwards does not have a chapel and I’m Christian and would love to attend church during my time at uni.

Sorry that this isn't what you're looking for, but I got pooled to Medwards this year too, so you're definitely not alone. I applied to study History and Modern Languages :smile:

I also have the same concerns regarding the architecture and general vibe, but I've spoken to a few current students and they have some great things to say about it! Maybe going to visit the college would help you get a feel for the environment, and whether you could see yourself there? I'm definitely going to try to do that myself.

I did just also want to say that there are so many churches in Cambridge which aren't tied to a specific college, so aside from a little walk into town, that shouldn't be an issue. I have friends already at the Uni who've recommended some really great churches to me, and I'd be happy to pass those on to you if it would help. But congratulations on your offer, it's an amazing achievement and I hope you get some answers!
Reply 2
Original post by lottieo4
Sorry that this isn't what you're looking for, but I got pooled to Medwards this year too, so you're definitely not alone. I applied to study History and Modern Languages :smile:

I also have the same concerns regarding the architecture and general vibe, but I've spoken to a few current students and they have some great things to say about it! Maybe going to visit the college would help you get a feel for the environment, and whether you could see yourself there? I'm definitely going to try to do that myself.

I did just also want to say that there are so many churches in Cambridge which aren't tied to a specific college, so aside from a little walk into town, that shouldn't be an issue. I have friends already at the Uni who've recommended some really great churches to me, and I'd be happy to pass those on to you if it would help. But congratulations on your offer, it's an amazing achievement and I hope you get some answers!

Thank you, your response has really cheered me up 🙂 I think I was just over thinking when I wrote the original post. Good luck for history and modern languages!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending