The Student Room Group

MY ID in Wetherspoons

Hey has anyone ever been told the MY ID CARD isn’t valid id because I got told it isn’t in the policy or whatever and I googled it and I’m pretty sure it is because it is verified by PASS
A lot of places or door staff will pretty much only take driving licences or passports, these 3rd party cards like Prove It or My ID always had mixed results.
Reply 2
Original post by StriderHort
A lot of places or door staff will pretty much only take driving licences or passports, these 3rd party cards like Prove It or My ID always had mixed results.

But I ain’t carrying around my passport plus I don’t have a driving license! Turns out it was just one member of staff and she threatened to kick me out 🤷*♀️
Original post by J.3.5
But I ain’t carrying around my passport plus I don’t have a driving license! Turns out it was just one member of staff and she threatened to kick me out 🤷*♀️

shrug It's an old problem, no one really wants to carry a passport out clubbing, but because staff have the last say in what ID they accept they'll often dismiss ones they aren't familiar with.

I deliver for a supermarket so have to do the same checks at times, and I prob wouldn't take a My ID card just because I don't recognise it as official.
Reply 4
Original post by J.3.5

Have you considered getting a driving licence? It'll make life much easier when asked to provide proof of age, and it's pretty much universally accepted.
Reply 5
Original post by martin7

Have you considered getting a driving licence? It'll make life much easier when asked to provide proof of age, and it's pretty much universally accepted.

Application declined 🙄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending