The Student Room Group

is possible for me to get all 9’s at gcses?

In my recent mocks I have got all 7, 8 and 9s. For reference:
English language: 9
English literature:8
Maths: 7
History:8
Chemistry: 7
Biology : 8
Physics : 8
French: 7
Citizenship: 9
I don't know if it's too late too start revising to get all 9's around towards the end of January or not. I'm hoping to take Bio, chem and psychology for A-levels.
Reply 1
It's definitely possible if you work hard. They told us that they'd expect us to get at least one grade higher than our mock grades, and if your other assessments have been similar 7s 8s 9s then you're on the right track.
I doubt you'd struggle to get into a sixth form or college with those results as they (usually) ask for 5 or 6 in your chosen subjects as well as passing English and maths, so even if you don't get all 9s it shouldn't be a problem. And it's better to aim for all 9s than anything else!
I agree with the other commenter, there’s not a massive difference between a 7 and a 9 and if you put in the effort I’m sure it’s possible. Focus on chemistry and biology, though- you want an 8 or ideally a 9 in both for A Levels.
Reply 3
Original post by username6547613
In my recent mocks I have got all 7, 8 and 9s. For reference:
English language: 9
English literature:8
Maths: 7
History:8
Chemistry: 7
Biology : 8
Physics : 8
French: 7
Citizenship: 9
I don't know if it's too late too start revising to get all 9's around towards the end of January or not. I'm hoping to take Bio, chem and psychology for A-levels.

looking at this makes me realise that I need to really need to boost my game up lol that is incredibly good grades u are so smart!! 🙂 u will defiantly achieve 9s with these grades. keep it up!!

Quick Reply

Latest