The Student Room Group

how to apply to uni

I last minute applied to clearing last year , changed my mind and now im on gap year but have now decided I want to go for 2024/2025 entry. I know the deadline is Jan 31st for UCAS. I dont have a personal statement , a reference or a 'buzzword' that UCAS asks for and I can't sort it out before the deadline. Does it matter if I apply after Jan 31st ? Plus since I'm not prepared for a UCAS application , would it be easier to wait until clearing opens later this year ? It's very overwhelming trying to do it independently and without access to my sixth form/college. Any help or advice on how to apply ?
Original post by kerry.woollands
I last minute applied to clearing last year , changed my mind and now im on gap year but have now decided I want to go for 2024/2025 entry. I know the deadline is Jan 31st for UCAS. I dont have a personal statement , a reference or a 'buzzword' that UCAS asks for and I can't sort it out before the deadline. Does it matter if I apply after Jan 31st ? Plus since I'm not prepared for a UCAS application , would it be easier to wait until clearing opens later this year ? It's very overwhelming trying to do it independently and without access to my sixth form/college. Any help or advice on how to apply ?

If you miss the deadline you can still apply as normal to 5 choices between February and June. There’s no need to wait for clearing.

Give your sixth form a ring and ask if they’ll provide you with a reference again and if they want you to use their buzzword for that.
Do you have your login from last year? If you do then you can print off a copy of your application from last year and then start a new application and copy all the details across (including 90% of your PS if you’re applying for the same subject)
Original post by PQ
If you miss the deadline you can still apply as normal to 5 choices between February and June. There’s no need to wait for clearing.

Give your sixth form a ring and ask if they’ll provide you with a reference again and if they want you to use their buzzword for that.
Do you have your login from last year? If you do then you can print off a copy of your application from last year and then start a new application and copy all the details across (including 90% of your PS if you’re applying for the same subject)

Thank you! I was worried that the deadline meant I couldn’t get 5 choices. Yes I have my login from last year so I’ll definitely do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending