The Student Room Group

Cambridge POLIS Phd 2024 Admission Process

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! I applied to Cambridge Polis (International Politics Department) back in late November 2023 and my application status has been stuck at "under review by the department" ever since. I'm getting a bit anxious and curious about the process.

Has anyone else applied to the same program and experienced a similar delay in hearing back? Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone has received an interview invitation or if there's any information about the current status of applications.

I know these things can take time, but it's always reassuring to hear from others who might be going through the same process. Maybe someone has already been interviewed or has insights into the timeline for responses?

I'm trying to stay positive, but the waiting game is getting to me. If anyone has any tips or information about the typical timelines for decisions or the interview process, I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, if there are any Polis alums or current students here, your perspective on the application process and any advice would be invaluable.

Thanks in advance for any input or shared experiences! Wishing everyone the best of luck with their applications as well. 🤞🎓
Reply 1
Hey! I submitted my application for PhD in Multidisciplinary Gender Studies at the end of Nov 2023 as well. I am in the same condition as you are. I checked the website and all I could figure was that it takes around 10 to 12 weeks for the admissions team revert back with anything. So, I am just holding onto that much.
All the best to you. I hope you hear back soon.
Reply 2
Original post by thaisrbbb
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! I applied to Cambridge Polis (International Politics Department) back in late November 2023 and my application status has been stuck at "under review by the department" ever since. I'm getting a bit anxious and curious about the process.

Has anyone else applied to the same program and experienced a similar delay in hearing back? Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone has received an interview invitation or if there's any information about the current status of applications.

I know these things can take time, but it's always reassuring to hear from others who might be going through the same process. Maybe someone has already been interviewed or has insights into the timeline for responses?

I'm trying to stay positive, but the waiting game is getting to me. If anyone has any tips or information about the typical timelines for decisions or the interview process, I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, if there are any Polis alums or current students here, your perspective on the application process and any advice would be invaluable.

Thanks in advance for any input or shared experiences! Wishing everyone the best of luck with their applications as well. 🤞🎓

Hi everyone! My status has not changed yet. Just updating here bc I am not able to answer private messages yet...
Reply 3
Original post by thaisrbbb
Hi everyone! My status has not changed yet. Just updating here bc I am not able to answer private messages yet...

Thanks for replying here. My status has not changed as well. It would be nice to know you. R u from the same country as me too? Once you are able to reply from your inbox, let’s talk.
Reply 4
Original post by IR2023
Thanks for replying here. My status has not changed as well. It would be nice to know you. R u from the same country as me too? Once you are able to reply from your inbox, let’s talk.
Hi there, I wanted to reply back to your pm but i can't since it said i have to post at least two messages , so I will just reply you back here.
I didn't get approval from potential supervisor since the official website said there is no need to contact supervisors before application. How is your application portal now? is the upload button still there?
I am still "under review". Have you received a response yet?
Reply 6
I got a rejection a few weeks ago!
I am sorry to hear this... Have you decided on a uni for fall?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending