The Student Room Group

MPhil in finance 2024-25 intake- Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #12
Nice, much appreciated

Out of curiosity, did you include the incoming bb internship in your cv when applying?
Yeah, it was only gonna help my application I think.
Are there still many people waiting for decisions? Or have the majority decisions been sent out already?
I am currently still waiting for a decission, applied mid-January and have been at "Decision Pending - Your application is currently under review" without any noticeable steps in between. Does anyone know what this means?
Applied at mid december, under review since then as well. All other universities I had applied to have made their decisions already, only waiting for cambridge.
Original post by Anonymous #13
Applied at mid december, under review since then as well. All other universities I had applied to have made their decisions already, only waiting for cambridge.
Same here, mind sharing your profile/stats?
Same here, mind sharing your profile/stats?
Sure, Bsc in Business and Econ from an average European university with a first. Some scholarships and awards. Work experience/Internships as student assistant, in boutique strategy consulting and financial advisory. Offer from LSE and Warwick in F&E. And what about you?
Original post by Anonymous #13
Sure, Bsc in Business and Econ from an average European university with a first. Some scholarships and awards. Work experience/Internships as student assistant, in boutique strategy consulting and financial advisory. Offer from LSE and Warwick in F&E. And what about you?
Solid profile, I've got a BSc in Finance with a high first (#1 in cohort) from a bottom-tier uni in the EU, also with some awards/scholarships. Had 1.5 years of FT work experience as an IB analyst at a boutique at the time of application. Surprised they didn't immediately reject me for being a bit too experienced to be honest. Sitting on an offer from Imperial A&F atm.
Original post by Evoluti0n123
I am currently still waiting for a decission, applied mid-January and have been at "Decision Pending - Your application is currently under review" without any noticeable steps in between. Does anyone know what this means?

When did you move to the DP stage?:smile:
Moved to the DP stage somewhere just before the weekend I think. Did not receive any communication, just a status change in the portal
Original post by Evoluti0n123
Moved to the DP stage somewhere just before the weekend I think. Did not receive any communication, just a status change in the portal
Means you're probably on track for an offer, congrats; mind sharing your profile/stats?
Means you're probably on track for an offer, congrats; mind sharing your profile/stats?
In really hope so! My profile is Double BSc in economics and statistics from mainland Europe, high first economics and low first statistics. Previous experience in Private Equity and incoming BB Summer Analyst.
What makes people think the DP-stage basically means you will receive an offer? I applied January 31st and was moved to DP exactly a week ago, haven’t heard anything since
Original post by Anonymous #11
What makes people think the DP-stage basically means you will receive an offer? I applied January 31st and was moved to DP exactly a week ago, haven’t heard anything since
All stages after department review are bureaucratic - you've already been recommended for an offer by the department and they're just validating your application, so congrats. What's your profile/stats?
All stages after department review are bureaucratic - you've already been recommended for an offer by the department and they're just validating your application, so congrats. What's your profile/stats?

Thanks, I hope you’re correct. 4.5/5 GPA from a Northern European business school, two investment banking internships (local banks), some consulting experience, and currently interning at an investment company
Received my conditional offer today! Happy to connect with anyone who has an offer as well and is contemplating accepting it! :smile:
Received my conditional offer yesterday, would be great to connect with others! Shoot me a PM and we can connect:smile:
Any updates?
Original post by Anonymous #7
Any updates?
I'm still at department review
Original post by Anonymous #6
I'm still at department review
Same here
Original post by Anonymous #7
Same here

When did you apply? I applied 30th November.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending