The Student Room Group

Cambridge Law 2024 offer-holders

Scroll to see replies

what would u mention about a written work? could you give an example?
thank u sm!
Original post by klnlljkklhklll
what would u mention about a written work? could you give an example?
thank u sm!

pretty standard tbh, nothing too different from using other supercurricular/extracurricular to illustrate a relevant skill

a made-up example about written work:
my training in [xxxx subjects] allows me to broaden my intellectual engagement with the law using the lens of other disciplines. My written work [what i did, why, relevance]. My essay/work/result demonstrates my capacity for [xxxx skills].

you can adopt the same structure for pretty much anything:

topic sentence: [doing xxxx] hones my [xxx skills/abilities]

discussion: give some details, mention something academic (e.g. theories or thoughts), and relate them to any observations/experiences/analyses of your own. make a point.

conclusion: be specific about how this activity/engagement makes you a better candidate for studying the law

hope this helps
Original post by Anonymous #2
pretty standard tbh, nothing too different from using other supercurricular/extracurricular to illustrate a relevant skill

a made-up example about written work:
my training in [xxxx subjects] allows me to broaden my intellectual engagement with the law using the lens of other disciplines. My written work [what i did, why, relevance]. My essay/work/result demonstrates my capacity for [xxxx skills].

you can adopt the same structure for pretty much anything:

topic sentence: [doing xxxx] hones my [xxx skills/abilities]

discussion: give some details, mention something academic (e.g. theories or thoughts), and relate them to any observations/experiences/analyses of your own. make a point.

conclusion: be specific about how this activity/engagement makes you a better candidate for studying the law

hope this helps
it does thank u sm! which extracurriculars did u do in school? or which firms did u do work experience in?
Hi all! I have an offer from Downing.
Original post by Thomas.HM
Fair enough - I'm sure I'll grow to like it a lot once term has started! I actually got pooled to Hughes, initially interviewed at Corpus, which I thought went well... but obviously not well enough for them to take me haha! I'm happy to have received an offer from Hughes though, as for the distance it's only an 8 minute bike ride so it should be managable! :smile:
i got an offer from corpus!
I have a King's offer :smile:
Reply 26
What did everyone get in their LNAT?
Reply 27
Original post by Anonymous #1
Here is a link to the LNAT scores across colleges in 2023. 🙂

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/lnat_score_in_the_past_admission/response/2437266/attach/3/FOI%202023%20758%20Smith%20data.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Original post by Anonymous
I have an offer from Clare!

omg me too!!
I have a King's offer :smile:

Hey, I have an offer from King’s too
Congratulations to all of you !!

Also, I'm highkey really stressed at the moment, I hate to be that person but do y'all think I have a chance at cambridge law with A*A*AA (midst of summer yr 12 mocks rn lol) 💀😭
Hi everyone, thought it would be good to have a Law offer holders' page so we can all discuss! What Cambridge colleges have you received you offers from?
Volunteer note: Please note that sharing or requesting social media handles or group chats is not permitted under the TSR community guidelines.

I didn't apply to Cambridge however I was wondering if anyone had any tactics to making sure they memorised all the law content, for A levels, confidently?
Also, I'm highkey really stressed at the moment, I hate to be that person but do y'all think I have a chance at cambridge law with A*A*AA (midst of summer yr 12 mocks rn lol) 💀😭

Yes, you should definitely apply because you never know what could happen.

If you have a strong personal statement and a competitive LNAT score I don’t see why you wouldn’t be in with a chance.

They do take GCSE (or equivalent) results into consideration as well
My GCSE grades were 99999999987 so I think I’m good with that and I did a practice LNAT test and I got 28 so those parts should be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending