The Student Room Group

Exception courses

I initially completed 1 year of BSc adult nursing studies and quit in my second year. I obtained a certificate of higher education for this. I received the NHS nursery for this period of study and I think some SFE.

I then went on to complete a BA architecture degree over 4 years (1 extra year as I had additional funding due to having to take time out after having my child in the middle of this). I funded the first year of study and received the rest from SFE.

My question is.. if I wish to do a course as classed as being on the exceptions list will I receive any sort of funding?

Thank you
Original post by Jwalk
I initially completed 1 year of BSc adult nursing studies and quit in my second year. I obtained a certificate of higher education for this. I received the NHS nursery for this period of study and I think some SFE.

I then went on to complete a BA architecture degree over 4 years (1 extra year as I had additional funding due to having to take time out after having my child in the middle of this). I funded the first year of study and received the rest from SFE.

My question is.. if I wish to do a course as classed as being on the exceptions list will I receive any sort of funding?

Thank you

Hi there,

Would you be looking to study at Full Time or Part Time? What course do you have in mind? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

Would you be looking to study at Full Time or Part Time? What course do you have in mind? Thanks, Ross

Thanks Ross, I’m still very much exploring my options. I was looking at GEM but see how competitive this is and was actually relooking at nursing or physiotherapy. I just need to know where I stand with funding before I invest my time in making a final decision! I know I need to rule out wanting to do my MArch firstly too, could you elaborate if this falls into funding for SFE too?

Ideally full time if I was to do a bachelors, but I would be open to part time courses too.

Thanks again.
Hi Jwalk,

Physiotherapy is considered as an Allied Health Professionals course and is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules. Nursing is also an exception course, therefore if you are attending either of those courses at an eligible provider and are not registered in those fields, you should be eligible for support.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Jwalk,

Physiotherapy is considered as an Allied Health Professionals course and is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules. Nursing is also an exception course, therefore if you are attending either of those courses at an eligible provider and are not registered in those fields, you should be eligible for support.

Thanks, Clare

Thank you, does my certificate of higher education in health and social care not impact this or the fact it’s a third degree?
Hi Jwalk,

No, it would not affect the eligibility as the previous study is disregarded.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending