The Student Room Group

Edexcel Higher GCSE maths

Please can anyone provide the best study methods to ensure at least a 6.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Jwannan

Thank you.

Corbettmaths is really good for focusing on specific topics. You can then check out their website for free questions about those topics to practice, which are really useful. GCSE Maths Tutor is also really useful :smile:.

Overall, the best way to ensure 6s and up is just practice. Bear in mind that a 6 (for Higher) is only around 112 Marks out of 240, so you could theoretically survive by literally just excluding certain topics and then focusing on others.

I'd also really recommend the Maths 5-a-days on Corbettmaths, really useful for just a half-hour revision session daily, often less, and if you struggle with anything you can research it. As said, doing questions is the most important thing to do to reinforce your learning.

Hope this helps, best of luck :biggrin:
Watch videos and then do Physics and Maths tutor questions straight away
Reply 3
Original post by Jwannan

Thank you.

Hi, sorry it’s annoying because you’ve probably heard the same advice countless times but past paper questions are the way to go. What i will say though, is doing ppqs is most effective if you already have a good foundation on the topics. Since you still have lots of time, make sure you conceptually understand all the topics - you could watch videos online on specific topics - and then get started on practice questions by topic eg physics and math tutor etc. i would also say save my exams is a really good resource which is annoying because you have to pay but it has such good notes and practice questions sorted by topic and difficulty and you can mark your progress (if you have a friend that has a subscription there’s no shame in asking to borrow it). Also looking at past paper walkthroughs is really helpful in understanding the thought process behind the method and how to get there because mark schemes can be very unhelpful especially for the harder questions. I also think you should check the examiner reports to improve exam technique. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest