The Student Room Group

PGCE Post Masters

I'll be looking to apply for Student Finance for 2024/25 as I'll be studying for a PGCE, but this is appearing on my application for undergraduate/PGCE:
"You already have existing applications for all available academic years" and the box is greyed out.
Can you please advise?
I have one BA and am completing my MA, due to finish in September 2024.
Original post by GraceWilko
I'll be looking to apply for Student Finance for 2024/25 as I'll be studying for a PGCE, but this is appearing on my application for undergraduate/PGCE:
"You already have existing applications for all available academic years" and the box is greyed out.
Can you please advise?
I have one BA and am completing my MA, due to finish in September 2024.

Hi Grace,

The 24/25 applications open this Spring, so they'll be available soon. You'll be able to apply then.

Just to check, are you receiving the Postgraduate Masters Loan for your current course?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Yes, I have had the Masters Loan. I've had an Undergraduate Loan too. The website is showing that I can apply for another Postgraduate Loan but not Undergraduate so I was a bit confused.

The PGCE will be the first one I have undertaken and I do not have QTS status.

Thanks.
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Yes, I have had the Masters Loan. I've had an Undergraduate Loan too. The website is showing that I can apply for another Postgraduate Loan but not Undergraduate so I was a bit confused.

The PGCE will be the first one I have undertaken and I do not have QTS status.

Thanks.

Thanks - PGCE courses are exceptions, so you'll be entitled to funding regardless of your previous study, rest assured.

Just to let you know, when you've had a Masters Loan the website doesn't always allow you to apply online for a PGCE because it attracts undergraduate funding.

So, if this happens when the 24/25 applications open in a month or two let us know. We'll get you to apply by paper instead (we can post or link you the form when it's available).

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thanks - PGCE courses are exceptions, so you'll be entitled to funding regardless of your previous study, rest assured.

Just to let you know, when you've had a Masters Loan the website doesn't always allow you to apply online for a PGCE because it attracts undergraduate funding.

So, if this happens when the 24/25 applications open in a month or two let us know. We'll get you to apply by paper instead (we can post or link you the form when it's available).

Thanks, Graeme

That's fantastic, thank you Graeme - you've really put my mind at rest!
That's fantastic, thank you Graeme - you've really put my mind at rest!

You're welcome! If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thanks, Graeme
Hi,

I think the applications are now open - could I be sent a form please?

Thanks!
Hi GraceWilko,

You just need to log-in to your account to apply for the 24/25 academic year. They will open soon, just keep an eye out for the option to show.

https://logon.slc.co.uk

Thanks, Clare
Reply 8
Hi Clare,

I can't apply as the box is still greyed out - I was told I'd need to complete a paper form instead.
Hi Clare,
I can't apply as the box is still greyed out - I was told I'd need to complete a paper form instead.
Hi Grace,

The 24/25 applications are not yet live on the system. The applications will launch later today and you'll be able to apply for the 24/25 academic year then. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending