The Student Room Group

Is it too late to change courses to something thats not related to my current course?

I was thinking about my course as it was not what I thought it would be. I currently study I.T as a first year (16yo) but I was thinking about changing course, perhaps when I get to Uni. Some of my other interests are music (which is one of my hobbies, so I have some experience) or maybe healthcare/medicine, because it always seemed interesting to me. Is it too late?
(sorry, I am new to this forum)
Original post by isaacdil
I was thinking about my course as it was not what I thought it would be. I currently study I.T as a first year (16yo) but I was thinking about changing course, perhaps when I get to Uni. Some of my other interests are music (which is one of my hobbies, so I have some experience) or maybe healthcare/medicine, because it always seemed interesting to me. Is it too late?
(sorry, I am new to this forum)

At this stage, it's definitely too late to change your A Level courses. Even if you can prove you'd do heck loads of work at home to catch up.
With University, take any course you'd like. Unless you plan to do like History, without ever taking history in your GCSE or A levels, I'd say there's a really good chance they'd take you so long as your grades are good.
Shoot for whatever you want in Uni, that's why it's there. And you can always go again some years later and take another course

Quick Reply

Latest