The Student Room Group

y11 maths paper 1 mock - it went terrible

I had paper 1 in the morning today and it went really really bad. I revised but I regret not revising enough or smartly, and It just didn’t go well and I know I did badly on it. I’d really like my predicted grade to be an 8 for maths, if i do really good on paper 2 and paper 3 would I be able to reach it? even though i’m completely sure i flopped paper 1? I really hope it’s the case and that I can get another chance and for it to balance out since i’m SO worried.
Reply 1
yessss! for my igcse mock for maths same thing happened to me. i got 55/100 in paper 1 but came back with 96/100 in paper 2 now i got at a GRADE 9!!!
Reply 2
Original post by khaledd
yessss! for my igcse mock for maths same thing happened to me. i got 55/100 in paper 1 but came back with 96/100 in paper 2 now i got at a GRADE 9!!!

omg!! wait this gives me so much hope thanks for replying!! how similar is igcse to gcse?
Reply 3
Original post by ctrlm.
omg!! wait this gives me so much hope thanks for replying!! how similar is igcse to gcse?

It's your final grade that counts not a prediction.
Reply 4
Original post by ctrlm.

literally the same thing just for international students
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
It's your final grade that counts not a prediction.

sure, definitely, still don’t want my predicted grade to fall down too dramatically though
Reply 6
Original post by ctrlm.
sure, definitely, still don’t want my predicted grade to fall down too dramatically though

Yes but the point of mocks is to find your weaker areas. I worry most about those who get very high marks in mocks then slow their work rate.

Quick Reply

Latest