The Student Room Group

Gcses homeschooled

So i am going into y11 and going to be homeschooled for it but i have no clue how im suppose to get into colleges or six forms considering i wont have any mocks??? help
Hi,
I wasn't homeschooled but I have a friend who was- whoever is homeschooling you can have you do mocks exactly the same way you would if you were at school: Find a past paper (usually 2017-2019), and have you do it in test+timed conditions. If you're worried that this is different from at school, let me tell you a story- for my mocks, me and a couple other people in my class were looking at French past papers to practice with, and the girl sitting next to me actually went "Wait, I found it- this is totally the paper they're going to use!" So we all revised the hell out of only that paper. She was right, that was the paper they used in our mocks!

What I'm saying is, don't worry, this won't be all that different from at school, and it certainly won't put you at a disadvantage. Just make sure your tutor/parent/caregiver does give you mocks, or at the very least lots of practice papers under timed conditions, and you should be fine.
Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Lil_Student
Hi,
I wasn't homeschooled but I have a friend who was- whoever is homeschooling you can have you do mocks exactly the same way you would if you were at school: Find a past paper (usually 2017-2019), and have you do it in test+timed conditions. If you're worried that this is different from at school, let me tell you a story- for my mocks, me and a couple other people in my class were looking at French past papers to practice with, and the girl sitting next to me actually went "Wait, I found it- this is totally the paper they're going to use!" So we all revised the hell out of only that paper. She was right, that was the paper they used in our mocks!

What I'm saying is, don't worry, this won't be all that different from at school, and it certainly won't put you at a disadvantage. Just make sure your tutor/parent/caregiver does give you mocks, or at the very least lots of practice papers under timed conditions, and you should be fine.
Best of luck!

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest