The Student Room Group

Student finance

My biological dad is dead and I live with my mum and step dad who are not married. If I include my step dad’s salary on household income my student loan is 5000 which would not even cover accommodation costs but it would be the maximum if it was just my mums income. He does not financially support me and will not financially support my university costs. Do I have to include his income? is there any alternatives of ways around this?
Original post by Maosnayayay
My biological dad is dead and I live with my mum and step dad who are not married. If I include my step dad’s salary on household income my student loan is 5000 which would not even cover accommodation costs but it would be the maximum if it was just my mums income. He does not financially support me and will not financially support my university costs. Do I have to include his income? is there any alternatives of ways around this?

Hi there,

if your mum and step dad are living together we will need to include him in the household income, regardless whether he financially supports you or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

if your mum and step dad are living together we will need to include him in the household income, regardless whether he financially supports you or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Is there anywhere or way you can appeal or ask for extra consideration as the available finance is 5000 and my student accommodation alone will be around 7000
Hi there. The only way not to use the household income is if you've been supporting yourself financially for 3 years prior to the start of the course, and can provide evidence of this. There is no other way around it.

Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending