The Student Room Group

tsr formatting codes!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Talkative Toad
Yeah you can also use it to change things like the font and size of text, maybe it’s a useful link to add in the OP.

ohh yesyes, i thought i had already added it !! i'll add it now to the post 🤍
Original post by milktee

omg really??

Yup, I was looking for the page you linked in the OP so I Googled a few search terms - it took me here
Reply 42
Original post by 04MR17
Yup, I was looking for the page you linked in the OP so I Googled a few search terms - it took me here

i feel honoured 😭🤍
Reply 43
greetings
aw the font tag still doesn't work 😔
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by milktee
greetings
Works for me on the old system but not React (the current system that you’re on), that’s a shame.
Reply 45
Original post by Talkative Toad
Original post by milktee
greetings
Works for me on the old system but not React (the current system that you’re on), that’s a shame.

yeah after the update it got removed I think 😔😔
Original post by milktee

tsr formatting tags 🌸

since the new tsr update, lots of the post formatting options have disappeared so i thought i'd make this thread for anyone who'd like to use the html/tsr codes in their posts to make them more aesthetic

function - [ opening tag ] [ /closing tag ]

spoiler - [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

text colour - [ color=#] [ /color ] (the colour is a 6-digit hex, which you can find online)

underline - [ u ] [ /u ]

bold - [ b ] [ /b ]

text size - [ size ] [ /size ]

that's all of the tags i know!! feel free to post any that you're aware of so that other people can use them as well 🤍
(for some reason when i posted the thread, the formatting came out all weird, when you're actually using the tags, use them without the spaces!!)
i just realised that there is, in fact, a proper list for the formatting tags:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=bbcode
thanks to @Chronoscope for letting me know!!
https://www.stuffbydavid.com/textcolorizer this is a good website for implementing coloured text easily in your posts <3
thanks to @Talkative Toad for the link!!

Hey! Just to keep you all in the loop, the following from your list should be supported in the editor at this time:

Spoiler

Underline

Bold

Text size should also be coming fairly soon - I'll pop another message here when it's released. Any issues with any of the functionality, please do let me know :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by RainbowLapras
Hey! Just to keep you all in the loop, the following from your list should be supported in the editor at this time:

Spoiler

Underline

Bold

Text size should also be coming fairly soon - I'll pop another message here when it's released. Any issues with any of the functionality, please do let me know :biggrin:

thank you so muchhh 🤍🤍
Original post by milktee
thank you so muchhh 🤍🤍

Text sizes should be available now too! :woo:
AHAHA YES cool
Reply 50
Original post by RainbowLapras
Text sizes should be available now too! :woo:

oooo thank you
Reply 51
hello hello
heheh