The Student Room Group

How to get a job??

Hey all so iv been unemployed for a yr now. Iv got an honours and a master's degree's in computer science from Greenwich university so I want an I.T support job. I'v been applying for all kinds of jobs like I.T, admin and customer service but I just get rejected or I don't hear back. Iv also had quite a lot of interviews over the past yr but they still reject me. I feel like they don't like the look of me cos I don't say anything bad in these interviews but I do dress smartly for them. I just don't know what to do anymore cos no one wants to hire me but i need a job. Also I did my degree's yrs ago now and feel like I don't know enough to do more senior I.T jobs like programming but I don't feel smart enough to do another course in it now. So what should I do??
These Recruitment procedure are insanely draining- First thing is not have negative mind set agility to face rejection continue stay resilient and determined with enthusiasm. Out your CV improve tailor your CV towards expertise from soft skills hard Column agility analytical etc Coding have projects you have done Work on Python java HTML CSS Java Script apply for Internships as well , Now AI is more prevalent then If you don’t math skills quality HR does not see
CV Have Personal Profile sell your self-Strength Competencies
Second Stage is assessment once CV This is SJT Situation Justification Quality attribute ensure your personality match there profile from work ethic culture and diversity ensure you answer these that align with their ethic oral values and strategy Research the Organisation- About CEO achievement etc
Online Assume include Numerical Reasoning time mental arithmetic ability decipher information from basic manipulation to abstract logical reasoning , they test you like SHL platforms calculate basic fractions etc
Lie work out highest number
3/5 0.7 8/10 etc
abstract Reasoning Pattern recognition Logical reason etc these mean EQ and IQ to identify patterns, reception fluctuations hyper focus ability
These might be patterns and Shapes etc ie
O P O O P etc ___ NEXT patterns O etc

Verbal Reasoning agility make concise judgment on accuracy making assumption based on evidence form relative conclusions etc extract information to make accuracy states false true not enough read articles watch new get expose to Scientific research papers paper idented between Hypothesis etc and speculation,
Exposed to Technical and Grammer vocabulary.

CODING Skill working on leet codes improve code ability through codility, Hacker rank Data Science pandas etc to ta under data structures and Object oriented Programming learn how we mitigate Cyber and AI Threats using ML Machine learning model laert type data type prime to int string Boolean, have GIT Hub that stores codes, work with stack offer flow , have projects stored in GIT Enter coding competitions
Instaend
print(“Hello World”)
def string_name(String_name):
return String_name

String_name=”Hello World
Print(string_name())

return String_name

String_name="Hello World"
print(string_name(String_name))
imcopoare Class Object name instance)

class printhelloworld:

def __init__(self, String_name):

self.String_name=String_name

def getStringName(self):

String_names=self.String_name
print(String_names)
"""
return String_name

"""
String_name="Hello World"

p90=printhelloworld(String_name)

p90.getStringName()
#print(string_name(String_name))
it be more challenge like Optimisation of code from Order 1 and 2 using loop Errors handling like find substring of String etc using Object Oriented Programming.
making all cases effective test compile
If you are working as Front End Developer improve UI and Website Design using HTML CSS and Java Script etc
Basic Design CSS Scripts
Etc

If Successful through Coding Assignment Then Video Interview
Body language and mind set is critical most Video Interview are screening using AI [ Artificial Intelligence]. Test through traits about you how you speak clearly to camera dressing is impound speak slowly ensure align with Motive for applying collaboration, service, trust, team work adaptive , Time management decision making skills, Ethical Values Moral Equity inclusion proactive resilience, these are traits working in Computer analytical logical mind set to solve ambiguous problems to Interpersonal Communication skills.

There are Strength based Infer the Positive qualities attribute
Competencies Question based on STARE format recall and recite examples from experience to academic, experiences inter voluntary work you done, how you contribute like mine is Art which ability focus stay dedicated which can be transition solving complex coding as you analyse syntax and error using right hemisphere brain so how your hobbies can be correlated with the jobs you are applying for.
Situation
Task
Action
Result
Reflection and evaluation
Don’t be too self-critical as well
Hope fully it help I have applied for 1000s and faced rejection ands these experiences gather from up to assessment centre level group exercises feedback and critics to improve. still applying won’t give up the “path to successes is ability to fail”.
MSc BSc Hon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending