The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge PhD applicants discussion thread

History PhD applicant here, still on dep review. Thought it worthwhile to have a separate thread for PhD applicants.

Also applied to a few college-specific studentships.
Same. Still on department review. Seeing so many PhD History offers, I am not too enthusiastic about the results now.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Same. Still on department review. Seeing so many PhD History offers, I am not too enthusiastic about the results now.

When did you apply?
Original post by Lightblood
When did you apply?

by the funding deadline
Reply 4
A bunch of us (History/IR PhD applicants) have got a WhatsApp group going. If you’d like to join, do reach out.
Reply 5
I'm on PAO stage for PhD Social Anthropology!
Reply 6
Original post by tm485
I'm on PAO stage for PhD Social Anthropology!

Exciting! When did you apply?
Reply 7
Original post by Lightblood
Exciting! When did you apply?

I applied on 4th Dec. My portal says DP but I emailed the admin and she said I'm on PAO. When in doubt, email lol
PhD applicant with a department in the school of biological science. My application is on 'consider for funding', just got an interview invite for funding
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #2
PhD applicant with a department in the school of biological science. My application is on 'consider for funding', just got an interview invite for funding

Oooooo congrats. Who invited you, is it for Cambridge funding?? I wonder what sort of stuff they ask at the interviews.
Original post by tm485
Oooooo congrats. Who invited you, is it for Cambridge funding?? I wonder what sort of stuff they ask at the interviews.

Thanks! My department invited me, I think it's for the department-specific studentships. Still not accepted though, but hopefully soon!
Reply 11
The dep responded to my email inquiry by saying to expect a decision within the next two weeks.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending