The Student Room Group

What’s the difference between a Business National Diploma and an extended one

could someone tell me what i could do with a national diploma, and if it can get me into university / work etc
(National is one year extended is two years)
Would I still receive a certificate for completing the one year
Original post by je3xhdh
could someone tell me what i could do with a national diploma, and if it can get me into university / work etc
(National is one year extended is two years)
Would I still receive a certificate for completing the one year

A Nat Dip is equivalent to 2 A levels (UCAS points) so you may need something extra to get into Uni (you may be able to get onto a Foundation course depending on the Grades you achieve). BUT; it depends on how your college delivers the course. To get the Nat Dip and a certificate after one year, you need to have completed the 5 coursework and 3 exam units. Most colleges only register you for 2 exams in one year and the other in year 2. Check with your tutor to see how they do it.
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
A Nat Dip is equivalent to 2 A levels (UCAS points) so you may need something extra to get into Uni (you may be able to get onto a Foundation course depending on the Grades you achieve). BUT; it depends on how your college delivers the course. To get the Nat Dip and a certificate after one year, you need to have completed the 5 coursework and 3 exam units. Most colleges only register you for 2 exams in one year and the other in year 2. Check with your tutor to see how they do it.

thank you for your reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending