The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

MSc Environment, Politics and Development in SOAS or King's

I applied for an MSc in Environment, Politics and Development at both SOAS and King's College London. I have already got an offer from one of them and am now waiting for the other. However, I'm very torn about which one to go for in case of an offer from both. I love the diverse thought and decolonial approach of SOAS, while King's has a better overall reputation and research ranking worldwide. It would be great to hear from some current or former students about how they find the course and the universities and any advice that could help make the choice easier. I would love to hear about opportunities related to internships and fieldwork available at SOAS as well because those were some things King's had within the syllabus itself.

All answers are much appreciated!
Original post by Anonymous #1
I applied for an MSc in Environment, Politics and Development at both SOAS and King's College London. I have already got an offer from one of them and am now waiting for the other. However, I'm very torn about which one to go for in case of an offer from both. I love the diverse thought and decolonial approach of SOAS, while King's has a better overall reputation and research ranking worldwide. It would be great to hear from some current or former students about how they find the course and the universities and any advice that could help make the choice easier. I would love to hear about opportunities related to internships and fieldwork available at SOAS as well because those were some things King's had within the syllabus itself.

All answers are much appreciated!

Hi there! As an applicant, you would be very welcome to book a meeting with the Programme Convenor for MSc Environment, Politics and Development at SOAS - it's a really good way of finding out if SOAS is the right place for you. You can email or book an appointment using the links on Lisa's profile: www.soas.ac.uk/about/lisa-tilley

I hope this helps!

Katie 🙂
Marketing, Student Recruitment and Admissions
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Don't go to SOAS. Not a good university, terrible experience and awful job prospects. Kings is way better overall, you'll have more fun. Degree is better, both content and quality wise and especially since you'll be able to pick your own path and remember that this is a short period. You'll be looking for jobs or further education positions or achievements after this and so having a reputable university matters all the more. So don't go for SOAS unless you are fine with the regret

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending