The Student Room Group

UCAS application struggle regarding practical assessment in science Alevel

Hello,

So I crashed Alevel Biology this year and crashing Scottish Highers now this session. I got a B in Alevel which what I need. However, on the UCAS application, it says that I have to mention the grade that I got in the practical assessment and there are three options

Pass
Not classified
Not relevant

And I genuinely don’t know which one I’m supposed to mention because I crashed the course with CAIE board which doesn’t state the grade you got in each module unless you get the components from your school. So I remember in Advanced subsidiary level (As) I got a C in practical assessment and a U in (A2) in practical assessment I don’t know if that leaves me with a fail in practical assessment for full Alevel practical assessment. I hope someone can benefit me regarding that subject and what should I choose from the list in the top. Also would a fail in practical assessment affect my application? Thank you in advance
Original post by m.mostafa1542006
Hello,

So I crashed Alevel Biology this year and crashing Scottish Highers now this session. I got a B in Alevel which what I need. However, on the UCAS application, it says that I have to mention the grade that I got in the practical assessment and there are three options

Pass
Not classified
Not relevant

And I genuinely don’t know which one I’m supposed to mention because I crashed the course with CAIE board which doesn’t state the grade you got in each module unless you get the components from your school. So I remember in Advanced subsidiary level (As) I got a C in practical assessment and a U in (A2) in practical assessment I don’t know if that leaves me with a fail in practical assessment for full Alevel practical assessment. I hope someone can benefit me regarding that subject and what should I choose from the list in the top. Also would a fail in practical assessment affect my application? Thank you in advance

If you delete the qualification and re-add it as an International A level then it won’t ask about the practical endorsement.

You should also be declaring your AS result.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending