The Student Room Group

Laet subject change help!

Hi so I’m a student hoping to get into laet my choices are
Maths
Physics
History
And art
My goal is to change art into FM or comp on enrolment day
I read that on enrollment day they give u another interview at subject choices and sthm else but can they reject me if I say I want to change subjects during that interview OR should I hope that there’s space to do FM in sept and ask to change on the first day?

Background:
For my student consultation I have to bring sthm that makes me proud and I’m bringing an art piece I made meaning I’ll be talking about art

Would this effect the fact I secretly don’t want to do art and aim to change it once I get an offer(I’m bring an art piece because I’m a pretty good drawer an is essentially what I do best but in the future i want to major in comp and ik Russel groups prefer FM or comp)

I don’t want to change history as I think it’ll be good to keep an essay based subject,so I don’t lose the skill to write good paragraphs which I’ll need in uni and when writing my PS
Reply 1
Original post by Dianagg
Hi so I’m a student hoping to get into laet my choices are
Maths
Physics
History
And art
My goal is to change art into FM or comp on enrolment day
I read that on enrollment day they give u another interview at subject choices and sthm else but can they reject me if I say I want to change subjects during that interview OR should I hope that there’s space to do FM in sept and ask to change on the first day?

Background:
For my student consultation I have to bring sthm that makes me proud and I’m bringing an art piece I made meaning I’ll be talking about art

Would this effect the fact I secretly don’t want to do art and aim to change it once I get an offer(I’m bring an art piece because I’m a pretty good drawer an is essentially what I do best but in the future i want to major in comp and ik Russel groups prefer FM or comp)

I don’t want to change history as I think it’ll be good to keep an essay based subject,so I don’t lose the skill to write good paragraphs which I’ll need in uni and when writing my PS

off topic but i wanna go too 😭 with maths phsyics econ and either FM or comp
Original post by s.248
off topic but i wanna go too 😭 with maths phsyics econ and either FM or comp

Hahaha its fine did u get an interview?
Reply 3
Original post by dianaemerald03
Hahaha its fine did u get an interview?

yh i got one for the 12th march
12? I only saw 24th Feb and 23 march
Reply 5
12? I only saw 24th Feb and 23 march

yh they added in some other days (12, 13, 14 march) later cause the other one ran out of spaces but i don’t think there will be the q and a to other laet students cause the emails said it would be less than an hour onsite
Original post by s.248
yh they added in some other days (12, 13, 14 march) later cause the other one ran out of spaces but i don’t think there will be the q and a to other laet students cause the emails said it would be less than an hour onsite

Oooh ok cool well lets hope every thing goed well and we can go to the taster day in july
Reply 7

Oooh ok cool well lets hope every thing goed well and we can go to the taster day in july

yh hopefully 🙏🙏
Reply 8
what’s Q and A? I have my interview today I’m im really worried
Original post by Woahohno
Hey its just a meeting so students can ask I'm guessing the headteacher questions they have
They asked my friends what they do to help in the community
One time they stepped out of their comfort zone
What they wanna be when their older
And I think sthm that interests them e.g on the news or research u have been doing on a topic

They might ask u what u habe been doing to in order to be be whatever u wanna be if u answer
Ik some people said they weren't sure on what they wanted to do but e.g wanted to work in the medicine field
They asked my friends what they do to help in the community
One time they stepped out of their comfort zone
What they wanna be when their older
And I think sthm that interests them e.g on the news or research u have been doing on a topic
They might ask u what u habe been doing to in order to be be whatever u wanna be if u answer
Ik some people said they weren't sure on what they wanted to do but e.g wanted to work in the medicine field
Thanks I just did my interview a couple of hours ago and this really helped!!
Thanks I just did my interview a couple of hours ago and this really helped!!
How was it!!
How was it!!
I think it went nice!! I really like my interviewer and I like how it hasn’t that stressful as I thought it would be lol. WAYY more casual
I think it went nice!! I really like my interviewer and I like how it hasn’t that stressful as I thought it would be lol. WAYY more casual
What questions did they ask uuu
What questions did they ask uuu
they asked the same questions like about your object and how it was important to you and if it connects to the schools values. But they didn’t ask about my hobbies and what interests are. But everything else was the same!!
they asked the same questions like about your object and how it was important to you and if it connects to the schools values. But they didn’t ask about my hobbies and what interests are. But everything else was the same!!
What was your objecttt
What was your objecttt
mine was a rubik's cube!
Reply 18
mine was a rubik's cube!

heyyy did you get an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest