The Student Room Group

LAE Tottenham - Offer holders

Has anyone else been accepted into LAET? What subjects are you taking?

Also, if there are any current students who see this, how is life there?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Salli00

@cloudymood
Original post by Salli00

Did you do your interview 13th march?
Original post by loonarmy
Did you do your interview 13th march?

Nope I did it on the 27th
Damn my offer is still pending and i did it on 27th😭 fingers crossed i get in
Original post by Salli00
Nope I did it on the 27th
Damn my offer is still pending and i did it on 27th😭 fingers crossed i get in

Have you checked your email? They were handing out offers on the 3rd
Original post by Salli00
Have you checked your email? They were handing out offers on the 3rd

I checked my email and my account, literally nothing😩
Reply 7
Original post by Salli00

current student here, I love it!! All there people here are so nice and the teachers are amazing, they all genuinely care.
Original post by ~Sara~
current student here, I love it!! All there people here are so nice and the teachers are amazing, they all genuinely care.

That’s great to hear! I have a few questions:

Would i be able to change my a level choices on results day? (Or maybe on the taster day coming up)
When enrolling on results day, am I guaranteed a place if I reach the entry requirements?
How’s the community at LAET? (The students ect)
Are laptops/phones allowed?
How many free periods are there?
Are you allowed to leave campus at lunch time or frees?
Original post by Salli00
That’s great to hear! I have a few questions:

Would i be able to change my a level choices on results day? (Or maybe on the taster day coming up)
When enrolling on results day, am I guaranteed a place if I reach the entry requirements?
How’s the community at LAET? (The students ect)
Are laptops/phones allowed?
How many free periods are there?
Are you allowed to leave campus at lunch time or frees?

I know that you can change your course (depending on availability), there are only 4 free periods each 2 weeks and laptops are allowed in some classes
I know that you can change your course (depending on availability), there are only 4 free periods each 2 weeks and laptops are allowed in some classes

Thank youu! Do you go LAE? If so do you think its overly strict and there’s less independence compared to other sixth forms/colleges?
Original post by Salli00

Hey, I have been accepted, I'm taking Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics. Ive also been accepted to Latymer so I'll have to decide between the two. Which taster day are you going to, the 28th or 29th?
Original post by Confucius123
Hey, I have been accepted, I'm taking Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics. Ive also been accepted to Latymer so I'll have to decide between the two. Which taster day are you going to, the 28th or 29th?

I’m going on the Monday, I’ve picked chemistry, maths, economics and fm so I may see you in some of my classes :smile:
Original post by Salli00
I’m going on the Monday, I’ve picked chemistry, maths, economics and fm so I may see you in some of my classes :smile:

Oh nice, I'll be the 10:30 time slot, pity we only get an hour
Oh nice, I'll be the 10:30 time slot, pity we only get an hour

I came at 8:30, you may have seen my friend though who also came at 10:30, how did you find it?
Original post by Salli00
I came at 8:30, you may have seen my friend though who also came at 10:30, how did you find it?

It seemed like a nice place, the teachers and students were very friendly which I liked. Its definitely well equipped to get good grades. WBU?
It seemed like a nice place, the teachers and students were very friendly which I liked. Its definitely well equipped to get good grades. WBU?

Yess, everyone was so friendly, it was a bit smaller than I thought but I guess that's understandable. It seems like a good school and I would love to go there though the travel is a bit long
Original post by Salli00
Yess, everyone was so friendly, it was a bit smaller than I thought but I guess that's understandable. It seems like a good school and I would love to go there though the travel is a bit long

Yh, well for me both Latymer and LAE are 40 min by bus. Have you applied anywhere else?
Yh, well for me both Latymer and LAE are 40 min by bus. Have you applied anywhere else?

I was also going to apply for Latymer! I don’t think i finished the application though oops. Yeah i applied to a couple of places but my main choices are either LAET or Woodhouse and I’m completely torn between the two
Original post by Salli00
I was also going to apply for Latymer! I don’t think i finished the application though oops. Yeah i applied to a couple of places but my main choices are either LAET or Woodhouse and I’m completely torn between the two

I have a friend who goes to Woodhouse. It's got alot more students compared to LAET, though Woodhouse does have better facilities. I could definitely tell the LAET students didn't like Woodhouse XD. Looking at the government website it looks like LAET has slightly better grades. I do expect LAET's grades to get alot better over time though as LAE's did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending