The Student Room Group

Confused after PRE-REG

I’ve hated pharmacy from day one but was convinced by parents about the ‘stability’. Was looking for ways to get out since university by applying to internships in pharma and other industries but no luck. I prefer office environment and like the flexibility.

Fast forward I do my pre reg after some time out and was told by GPhC I can’t sit exam and have to appeal. At this point I absolutely hate it and can’t see myself doing the job but I had no alternative and the whole idea of it being a ‘great backup’ was put into my head. After an 18 month appeal process I can now sit the exam but in this time I’ve been working in comm pharmacy doing everything apart from ticking the check box and I’m put off for life now. I’m torn between dedicating all my time to find a different career or trying to balance applying for jobs which can be time consuming with preparing for an exam for a register I don’t even want to be on. I’ve stopped working in pharmacy and am willing to do any other part time job in mean time even though it might pay less (was on £16-£18 an hour as a dispenser). What’s the point of doing the exam and to stay on the register you have to work few shifts a year, do some dumb CPDs and pay a reg fee yearly to use it as a ‘backup’ id rather work in Tesco if I lose a future job at some point.

Any advice on how to transition into another career please?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending