The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringSurvivor
I study chemistry, biology and psychology. So I am team STEM joining in with @flowersinmyhair, yay!!

ahhh babe we are on the same team, go on
Original post by study23!
Joining as team STEM!!!! Bio chem maths and further maths

Sorry humanities, you guys ARE GOING DOWN

this is the right mind set xx
Reply 22
I study bio chem maths and spanish, i'll be joining team STEM!
man i want to join team humanities (english literature ftw!!) but i need to get my maths in order... team STEM it is.
I am interested in this, but I have 2 questions:
are these study sessions like video calls?
i'm in the u.s., in high school, is there a location or grade limit on these?
thx!
Team humanities all the way🌟🫶
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
thx!

i think it might just be a thread? Like at certain times for us brits but im sure your allowed on? Also no i dont think there is a limit but I can tag the thred maker just to be sure. @Pwca can you look at @MysteryyyGirl86 post because im not sure on the ruling. Thanks
Original post by Tatakae L
i think it might just be a thread? Like at certain times for us brits but im sure your allowed on? Also no i dont think there is a limit but I can tag the thred maker just to be sure. @Pwca can you look at @MysteryyyGirl86 post because im not sure on the ruling. Thanks

thx :smile:
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
thx!

They are not calls, they are discussions in a thread like this one. There is no grade/age limit, you just need to have some revision or school work to do. It is between 4:30 and 6:30pm GMT, so you may have to convert to your time and that may make it more difficult for you to attend.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
They are not calls, they are discussions in a thread like this one. There is no grade/age limit, you just need to have some revision or school work to do. It is between 4:30 and 6:30pm GMT, so you may have to convert to your time and that may make it more difficult for you to attend.

ok, thx!
@flowersinmyhair is correct! No limits @MysteryyyGirl86 all are welcome to join, whatever level they're studying at. The only issue you might have is that it'll be in the late afternoon UK time. I'll be creating the thread and tagging everyone in shortly before the session starts.
Reply 31
I’d say I’m a jack of all trades - but team HUMANITIES it is!🎉🎉 Since most of my N5 subjects are literacy based :biggrin:
Bit of a dumb question - but if I am on the humanities team, am I allowed to study stem subjects during that time as-well? Or do we assign that time specifically to our chosen team?
Original post by wkstudy
I’d say I’m a jack of all trades - but team HUMANITIES it is!🎉🎉 Since most of my N5 subjects are literacy based :biggrin:
Bit of a dumb question - but if I am on the humanities team, am I allowed to study stem subjects during that time as-well? Or do we assign that time specifically to our chosen team?

Yes, absolutely! Study whatever you like during the session, the teams are just to add some competitive fun. @x-wing_pilot does this change which team you land in? If you're studying a mix then you're welcome to choose :smile:
i'd like to join team stem (i'm studying biology and geometry) :smile:
Original post by Pwca
Yes, absolutely! Study whatever you like during the session, the teams are just to add some competitive fun. @x-wing_pilot does this change which team you land in? If you're studying a mix then you're welcome to choose :smile:

i dont like maths , so even though i desperately need to improve, i just lack the motivation to study it. this seems like it'll provide me with extra motivation since im annoyingly competitive, so i think i'll take advantage of that 😅
sticking with team STEM!
Original post by x-wing_pilot
i dont like maths , so even though i desperately need to improve, i just lack the motivation to study it. this seems like it'll provide me with extra motivation since im annoyingly competitive, so i think i'll take advantage of that 😅
sticking with team STEM!

Haha okay, perhaps it will help you to develop some love for the subject!
Reply 36
Hi everyone picking the STEM as i am doing those subjects in a level😍. This is gonna be entertaining 😂
Reply 37
hellooo, i'm still doing my gcses but planning to take maths, further maths, physics and bio for a level so i'm going to be a hardcore member of team STEM 💪💪💪
i absolutely HATE humanities, so i'm interested to see how this is going to turn out 🤍
Original post by Pwca
@flowersinmyhair is correct! No limits @MysteryyyGirl86 all are welcome to join, whatever level they're studying at. The only issue you might have is that it'll be in the late afternoon UK time. I'll be creating the thread and tagging everyone in shortly before the session starts.

So I calculated the time difference and it’s not too bad, but I do have a class at that time so I’ll have to drop in around 6:00 Uk time. Is that all right?
Reply 39
Original post by milktee
hellooo, i'm still doing my gcses but planning to take maths, further maths, physics and bio for a level so i'm going to be a hardcore member of team STEM 💪💪💪
i absolutely HATE humanities, so i'm interested to see how this is going to turn out 🤍

Let's do this 💪💪

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending