The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Trickia
Let's do this 💪💪

yuppp team stem unite 💪
Original post by milktee
yuppp team stem unite 💪

yesss
Original post by Pwca
@flowersinmyhair is correct! No limits @MysteryyyGirl86 all are welcome to join, whatever level they're studying at. The only issue you might have is that it'll be in the late afternoon UK time. I'll be creating the thread and tagging everyone in shortly before the session starts.

So I calculated the time difference andit’s not too bad, but I do have a class atthat time so I’ll have to drop in around6:00 Uk time. Is that all right?
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86

So I calculated the time difference andit’s not too bad, but I do have a class atthat time so I’ll have to drop in around6:00 Uk time. Is that all right?

Yes, sessions run for two hours and people are welcome to drop in and out 🙂 You'll make the last thirty minutes 🙂
hi!! this sounds so fun, i do a levels biology chemistry and maths + epq so team stem !!
Reply 45
Is it just for A-level students?
If not.. then STEM all the way !! :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by koolkhad

woooppp woooppp stem teammm
Original post by koolkhad

All levels are welcome, also welcome to the stem team! :biggrin:
Tbh im only studying for my driving theory as ive done my big exams buttt still ill be the cheerier and motivator go team humanities
I do both - but I prefer STEM. Let’s go! 💪💪💪
Original post by ebyrne2036
Tbh im only studying for my driving theory as ive done my big exams buttt still ill be the cheerier and motivator go team humanities

That's fine and glad you've joined in!

Team Humanities are getting outnumbered - you all might need to go on a recruitment drive across the rest of TSR! @emm4nuella it might be worth seeing if anyone from your book club is interested in joining? :smile:
Awesome! Will have a gande and c if can get other people!
Reply 52
humanities, i do sociology economics and business
(edited 2 months ago)
I'm doing a Chemistry degree, so I'll be joining Team STEM. :yep:
(edited 2 months ago)
TEAM HUMANITIES HERE! Sorry biology and maths but English wins!
Reply 55
Joining as team STEM let's go ⚗️
Reply 56
Original post by Pwca
Hello everyone!
There's been some interest recently in ways you can study together on TSR, so we've put together a new project where you do just that :smile:
Welcome to...

:woo: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities :woo:

What is it?
Each week, TSR Community Staff will run a live Study Together thread :yep: You can come along during the session to tell others what you’re working on, then drop back in to encourage others and give an update on how it’s gone for you :u: This could mean sharing that you’ve improved a skill or absorbed some new information, or maybe you’ll want to vent about something you’re finding tough :s-smilie: Either way, it’ll be a social and supportive place to study alongside others and hopefully help to keep you on track! Everyone is welcome, whatever level of study you're at, and you're free to revise whatever you need to do during the sessions :smile:

When is it?
Sessions will run on Tuesday evenings from 4.30pm to 6.30pm. The first session will be next week, 20th February, and the final one will be 18th June.

Teams
To add a fun competitive element, we’ll be pitting you against each other depending on the subjects you’re studying :colone: It's STEM vs Humanities - Chemistry geeks vs history buffs, budding biologists vs the bookworms, maths whizzes vs intrepid geographers :fight:

If you want to take part, comment below which camp you’re in and I’ll assign you to your team. Perhaps you’re a Jack of all trades and you’re studying a mix of subjects? No problem, you can choose which team you want to be on I'm generous like that :wink2: Once you’re down to take part, I’ll tag you in each week’s Study Together session thread just before it starts.

Prizes
You can win rep prizes both for your individual efforts and as part of your team:

25 rep points will be awarded to you for each session you participate in :^_^:

50 rep points will be awarded on weeks where you’ve hit a study streak :rave: so if it’s the second session you’ve attended in a row, you’ll be awarded double points and get 50 rep points that week instead of the usual 25

We’ll also be awarding a whopping 500 rep points to each member of the team who win overall that means the team whose members have participated in the most sessions between them.
To make this as fair as possible, you must have participated in at least half of the 18 sessions to be included in your team’s prize :dancing2:

How to join in
Comment below letting me know which team you belong in and I'll tag you in our first session next week. It's that simple! :biggrin:

I study Economics, Sociology and Pyschology and I'd love to be on team Humanities!
Reply 57
Original post by Pwca
Hello everyone!
There's been some interest recently in ways you can study together on TSR, so we've put together a new project where you do just that :smile:
Welcome to...

:woo: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities :woo:

What is it?
Each week, TSR Community Staff will run a live Study Together thread :yep: You can come along during the session to tell others what you’re working on, then drop back in to encourage others and give an update on how it’s gone for you :u: This could mean sharing that you’ve improved a skill or absorbed some new information, or maybe you’ll want to vent about something you’re finding tough :s-smilie: Either way, it’ll be a social and supportive place to study alongside others and hopefully help to keep you on track! Everyone is welcome, whatever level of study you're at, and you're free to revise whatever you need to do during the sessions :smile:

When is it?
Sessions will run on Tuesday evenings from 4.30pm to 6.30pm. The first session will be next week, 20th February, and the final one will be 18th June.

Teams
To add a fun competitive element, we’ll be pitting you against each other depending on the subjects you’re studying :colone: It's STEM vs Humanities - Chemistry geeks vs history buffs, budding biologists vs the bookworms, maths whizzes vs intrepid geographers :fight:

If you want to take part, comment below which camp you’re in and I’ll assign you to your team. Perhaps you’re a Jack of all trades and you’re studying a mix of subjects? No problem, you can choose which team you want to be on I'm generous like that :wink2: Once you’re down to take part, I’ll tag you in each week’s Study Together session thread just before it starts.

Prizes
You can win rep prizes both for your individual efforts and as part of your team:

25 rep points will be awarded to you for each session you participate in :^_^:

50 rep points will be awarded on weeks where you’ve hit a study streak :rave: so if it’s the second session you’ve attended in a row, you’ll be awarded double points and get 50 rep points that week instead of the usual 25

We’ll also be awarding a whopping 500 rep points to each member of the team who win overall that means the team whose members have participated in the most sessions between them.
To make this as fair as possible, you must have participated in at least half of the 18 sessions to be included in your team’s prize :dancing2:

How to join in
Comment below letting me know which team you belong in and I'll tag you in our first session next week. It's that simple! :biggrin:

Hi, I would love to join and I do stem subject specifically a level bio Chem and sociology
I study bio chem and econ IG IM A STEM GALL!!
Team humanities, woooooo history

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending