The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

UoM undergrad application

I applied for the wrong course (accounting) by mistake and didn’t meet the requirements so rejected however for the course I initially wanted to apply to (business accounting) I meet the requirements for that, can the university change it?
Original post by Peace1909
I applied for the wrong course (accounting) by mistake and didn’t meet the requirements so rejected however for the course I initially wanted to apply to (business accounting) I meet the requirements for that, can the university change it?

Contact them and point out the issue. They have it within their power to consider you for Business Accounting (although it will be considered "late" - i.e. after the equal consideration deadline). Whether they choose to do so or not is a different matter.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I did contact them but was told to reapply on July 5th with no guarantee of a place.I know I’m a strong applicant and admit my mistake but it’s my first choice and it will break me
I did contact them but was told to reapply on July 5th with no guarantee of a place.I know I’m a strong applicant and admit my mistake but it’s my first choice and it will break me

So your question above was, "can the university change it?", despite the fact that you've already asked them if you could change it and they said, "No, not right now." Have I got that right? :confused:
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
So your question above was, "can the university change it?", despite the fact that you've already asked them if you could change it and they said, "No, not right now." Have I got that right? :confused:

Yes kinda, they said to apply with everyone through clearing so technically they said they can’t change it
Yes kinda, they said to apply with everyone through clearing so technically they said they can’t change it

OK. Thanks for confirming. It's likely simply because they'll filled the Business Accounting course already, and simply don't have the capacity on the course to make any more offers right now. Hopefully some places will become available later in the application cycle (when people they've offered places to firm/insure elsewhere).
Reply 6
Original post by DataVenia
OK. Thanks for confirming. It's likely simply because they'll filled the Business Accounting course already, and simply don't have the capacity on the course to make any more offers right now. Hopefully some places will become available later in the application cycle (when people they've offered places to firm/insure elsewhere).

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending