The Student Room Group

Advice

Hi guys I am a 17 yr old average looking dark skin black girl in the UK , I am turning 18 soon and I have never dated anyone.I don’t want to miss this step as the guys that are interested are older guys because I look older too. I want a Christian boy 17 or 18 with no interest in sex for a good Christ centred relationship. What can I do?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys I am a 17 yr old average looking dark skin black girl in the UK , I am turning 18 soon and I have never dated anyone.I don’t want to miss this step as the guys that are interested are older guys because I look older too. I want a Christian boy 17 or 18 with no interest in sex for a good Christ centred relationship. What can I do?

Is there no one at your church who fits the bill? Does your church organise youth camps / activities where you can meet other people of a similar age?

If not, I'm assuming you're planning on going to University, maybe later this year (or next year)? What about looking at the chaplaincy and finding out about the various religious groups there?
Reply 2
Original post by Old Skool Freak

Is there no one at your church who fits the bill? Does your church organise youth camps / activities where you can meet other people of a similar age?

If not, I'm assuming you're planning on going to University, maybe later this year (or next year)? What about looking at the chaplaincy and finding out about the various religious groups there?

There are very few teens at church and they are very young. I don’t hear of any camps.
Original post by Anonymous #1
There are very few teens at church and they are very young. I don’t hear of any camps.

Then you'll need to get proactive and look for some.

You could try googling something like "Christian teenage activity groups" and your postcode and see if that turns up anything? If you're looking for a particular kind of Christian then include that (e.g. Catholic, Anglican / C of E; Pentecostal etc.)

I'm sure you'll find something.

You could try googling something like "Christian teenage activity groups" and your postcode and see if that turns up anything? If you're looking for a particular kind of Christian then include that (e.g. Catholic, Anglican / C of E; Pentecostal etc.)

Thank you for your kind advice.
Original post by Thatgirl Pretty

Thank you for your kind advice.

You’re giving this girl hope, there’s us too just like her benefitting from your advice 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending