The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

How urgently do I need to apply for accommodation?

In order to apply for accommodations at unis it seems like you need to make them your firm offer. However I'm still deciding between having King's College or Manchester as my firm offer.

I haven't been able to attend any open days at King's yet but there's a campus tour in early march. I'm getting increasingly worried that I've left applying to accommodations too late because I hear it's first-come-first-serve. Should I just stop waiting and just make my firm choice ASAP or is there still some breathing room?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
For both there is guaranteed accommodation for new undergrads if you put it as you firm, so as long as you apply before the deadline you will get accommodation - it might not be the accommodation you most want depending on how late you leave it but you will be able to get it. Also there will still be plenty of people at this point that have no idea where they're going or haven't got all of their offers yet so you still have time
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by TubularGamer
In order to apply for accommodations at unis it seems like you need to make them your firm offer. However I'm still deciding between having King's College or Manchester as my firm offer.

I haven't been able to attend any open days at King's yet but there's a campus tour in early march. I'm getting increasingly worried that I've left applying to accommodations too late because I hear it's first-come-first-serve. Should I just stop waiting and just make my firm choice ASAP or is there still some breathing room?

Please wait

UCAS rules forbid universities from incentivising early replies - even by accommodation allocation. Most universities will allocate rooms in august and those that allocate earlier should be releasing rooms for booking up until july to comply with UCAS rules.

Any university that breaks these rules can be reported to [email protected]

UCAS are also releasing the entry grades tool this month (unless it is delayed). That plus offer holder day visits are really important to help you make your decisions.

There’s nothing to gain from firming early and a lot to lose
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest