The Student Room Group

When and how are you supposed to apply for student loans as a UK student?

My brother said you just put yourself down for it initally when doing your UCAS application but then he did it a very long time ago and Idk how much he remembers. Do I have to apply for it seperately or is it all part of ucas? my school has been no help with this at all and its like they forgot student finance is a thing.
Original post by Nat4695
My brother said you just put yourself down for it initally when doing your UCAS application but then he did it a very long time ago and Idk how much he remembers. Do I have to apply for it seperately or is it all part of ucas? my school has been no help with this at all and its like they forgot student finance is a thing.

It's nothing to do with UCAS - you apply for student finance separately. You're too early to apply for finance for the forthcoming academic year (2024-25), but when it opens you be able to do so via the Apply online for student finance part of the gov.uk web site to do so.

Last year, applications opened at the beginning of March, with the deadline to guarantee that funding would be in-place in time being 19 May, so it seems reasonable to assume that a similar time-frame will apply this year.

If you're in England you can sign-up to a mailing list to be informed when applications for 2024-25 open via the Welcome to Student Finance England web page. (I'm sure there are equivalents for other parts of the UK.)
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Oh okay I see
Thank you so much 🙏🏽

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending