The Student Room Group

EU Student finance application

Hi, I'm EU presettled in the UK. Having moved here 3 years ago, I'm ineligible for the settled mantainance loan but I applied as an imigrant worker. the problem with that is that I am currently working and will move to London for university so obviously I'll leave my current job and get a new one there, which of course I haven't got yet? Now, student finance is saying that considering I'l change my job i need to prove that I'm actually getting a new job by sending a letter of employement from my new employer in london?? how am i even supposed to get that, its not like anyone in london will employ me now for september. Anyone in a similar situation?
Original post by sickoreo
Hi, I'm EU presettled in the UK. Having moved here 3 years ago, I'm ineligible for the settled mantainance loan but I applied as an imigrant worker. the problem with that is that I am currently working and will move to London for university so obviously I'll leave my current job and get a new one there, which of course I haven't got yet? Now, student finance is saying that considering I'l change my job i need to prove that I'm actually getting a new job by sending a letter of employement from my new employer in london?? how am i even supposed to get that, its not like anyone in london will employ me now for september. Anyone in a similar situation?

Hi there,

You would need to be working prior to the 1st day of your course in order to be eligible for the full year for the maintenance loan. So if your course begins in September then you need to be in employment by the 1st of September to qualify.

When are you moving to London and leaving your current job?

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending