The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE MSc Finance 2024-25

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #7
I personally got an offer within 2 weeks of sending my application. The LSE offer holder group for MSc Finance has around 70 people, so quite a fair bit of offers have been sent out.
When did you apply? Also, what are your stats/profile?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
I personally got an offer within 2 weeks of sending my application. The LSE offer holder group for MSc Finance has around 70 people, so quite a fair bit of offers have been sent out.
Can you please provide any advice on what you included in your personal statement? Did you have any previous work experience and did you have an interview?
Original post by Anonymous #6
Congratulations. Are you an international student? Also if you don't mind could you share your profile (previous work ex in buy-side/consulting, etc), age, etc? Thanks
Yes, I am international. I have a first class equivalent with about a years worth of experience in Investment Banking (boutique shop, nothing too fancy). My GMAT was 720, so nothing too spectacular there. I would say that perhaps my biggest factor was securing strong letters of recommendation from my professors, and my personal statement. I wrote quite a detailed personal statement, of around 1300 words, detailing my journey thus far into Finance and how LSE will help me achieve the goals I have set out.
Original post by K_3496
Can you please provide any advice on what you included in your personal statement? Did you have any previous work experience and did you have an interview?
For the personal statement, it is important that it "builds off" your CV. What I mean by this is, your CV should indiciate that you are heading in a specific direction. If you are applying for the two Finance courses, this usually means you will want to go into Asset Management/Investment Banking/Private Equity or whatever. It is important that your profile demonstrates that you have taken steps to reach that goal. For example, if you are interested in private equity you joined your universities private equity club, maybe did a brief internship in PE (or even IB, since the skills transfer there), and you tailored your undergraduate coursre such that it will teach and expose you to finance concepts. All of this put together indiciates that this student is heading towards the realm of private equity. Then you add LSE in, and how this masters programme will help you achieve the aim that you have set out for yourself. For example, you want to join a middle market private equity fund, and LSE's MSc F&PE is perfect because the private equity moudle is taught by practioners who operate in that segment, etc. You should do lots of research into the programme, not only on websites but also by contacting other students and asking them how the programme helped postion themselves etc. Putting the two together, you will have an extremely solid SoP that indiciates a sense of direction, and a purpose to your time at LSE.
Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know how many people have gotten offers for the MSc Finance and PE programme? Also, Is the number that you mentioned above exclusively only for the MSc Finance Programme? I am currently on the waitlist for the MSc Finance and PE programme. Thanks.
I should specify - the group is for both courses, and actually has just under 60 people (sorry if I gave you a scare - I was just recalling of memory). I am pretty sure that you can transfer across the two courses (i.e. go from F to FPE or vice versa), so they are (practically) equivalent. I wouldn' tthink that one is more prestigious than the other, or any nonsense like that.
Reply 25
Hi! I am also an applicant for the MSc Finance Program. I applied on 3rd December, application processed on 5th December. I have not heard back anything from the university yet. It's been more than 12 weeks now, I am really worried.
Thanks for the info. This is really helpful.
I should specify - the group is for both courses, and actually has just under 60 people (sorry if I gave you a scare - I was just recalling of memory). I am pretty sure that you can transfer across the two courses (i.e. go from F to FPE or vice versa), so they are (practically) equivalent. I wouldn' tthink that one is more prestigious than the other, or any nonsense like that.
Anyone else heard back from Finance and Pe + when did you apply/hear back?
With people on here having waited 12 weeks +, I am kinda worries that they will wait till they see more applications before sending out decisions
Reply 29
Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know how many people have gotten offers for the MSc Finance and PE programme? Also, Is the number that you mentioned above exclusively only for the MSc Finance Programme? I am currently on the waitlist for the MSc Finance and PE programme. Thanks.
Hey! Can I ask when you applied? And how long did you have to wait before getting the waitlist notification? Thanks!
Just got a provisional offer for MSc Finance & Economics - is there a groupchat?
I just got an offer for the MSc Finance and PE i saw someone had a group chat is there a link that someon can send to me via PM?
Original post by Loko12345
I just got an offer for the MSc Finance and PE i saw someone had a group chat is there a link that someon can send to me via PM?
Congrats on your offer!! Can I ask when you applied and what your profile looks like?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Congrats on your offer!! Can I ask when you applied and what your profile looks like?
I applied in feb (23rd) - ranked number 1 at a tier 2 uk uni, and have a BB internship lined up for summer
Reply 34
Original post by Anonymous #8
I applied in feb (23rd) - ranked number 1 at a tier 2 uk uni, and have a BB internship lined up for summer
Hi, is it the date when you sent the application/they received it or when you received the email it was processed and under consideration?
Original post by Anonymous #8
Congrats dude! I am now a bit scared, however, as they processed my application on Feb 1st, and am yet to hear an update. I am guessing the chances of successful admission is decreasing the later it gets:')
Original post by Anonymous #2
Congrats dude! I am now a bit scared, however, as they processed my application on Feb 1st, and am yet to hear an update. I am guessing the chances of successful admission is decreasing the later it gets:')
I have no clue how the process works tbh but there is still time!
Original post by mkmqd
Hi! I am also an applicant for the MSc Finance Program. I applied on 3rd December, application processed on 5th December. I have not heard back anything from the university yet. It's been more than 12 weeks now, I am really worried.

Hi, have you heard back yet? My application got processed 26th December, and I still haven't heard back.
Original post by Anonymous #5
Hi, have you heard back yet? My application got processed 26th December, and I still haven't heard back.
Hi. My application was processed on the 11th of January. I still haven't heard back, I'm getting quite worried now.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi. My application was processed on the 11th of January. I still haven't heard back, I'm getting quite worried now.

Same, I'm considering it an implicit rejection at this point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending