The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE MSc Finance 2024-25

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #8
Feb 21st I believe
Nice. I applied to finance and econ too around then so maybe I'll hear back soon. What is your background? I'm an engineering student and interned at a hedge fund this summer so became interested in the industry which is why I applied.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Applied to Finance and PE Jan 29th, yet to get a response
Hi,

Has anyone heard back on anything?
Hey, How long do you normally have to wait after receiving the 'Recommended Offer' email for the official offer letter? And is there any chance I could be waitlisted after receiving this email or is it a guaranteed offer?
Is there anyone who has not got a response within 8 weeks?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Is there anyone who has not got a response within 8 weeks?

Yup, it's been 12 weeks for me now.
Got rejected for Finance+PE at 1 am (CET) this morning. Pretty decent grades, international uni, 700 gmat, 1 year work exp in VC/PE. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting and congrats to everyone who got in.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Got rejected for Finance+PE at 1 am (CET) this morning. Pretty decent grades, international uni, 700 gmat, 1 year work exp in VC/PE. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting and congrats to everyone who got in.

Did you get an email?
can anyone verify the "received" theory?
How long is it between receiving a recommended offer and the official offer letter?
Application submitted on 17 Dec 2023, processed on 9 Jan 2024, finally received a provisional offer yesterday.

PS: my GAP still shows received - not verified for almost all documents lol
Original post by Anonymous #9
Application submitted on 17 Dec 2023, processed on 9 Jan 2024, finally received a provisional offer yesterday.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your profile?
Original post by Anonymous #12
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your profile?
Finance degree, CGPA 3.9, top-ranked uni in the country (Asian uni), GMAT <700, did internships in SWF and big 4, active in co-curricular and competitions
Does anyone know how long it takes or how much of a delay occurs after the admissions department requests for additional document? Also, is there any other way to contact the admissions team as there are no zoom calls available until next month?
Original post by Anonymous #9

What did you apply for?
Original post by Anonymous #11
What did you apply for?

Nvm, this is the finance chat smh. Did you receive a recommended offer letter first or get the offer letter straightaway?
Original post by Anonymous
Nvm, this is the finance chat smh. Did you receive a recommended offer letter first or get the offer letter straightaway?
It was a recommended offer, just got the official letter today.
is it too late to apply for the finance programe this year?
Heyy, I have applied to MSc Finance as well. My application was processed on the 11th of Jan and I haven't received any updates yet.

have you heard back yet?
Applied for Msc Finance and Private Equity on Jan 29th, have not hear back yet!

I applied on the same date for the same program, and also haven't heard a thing yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending