The Student Room Group

Independent student maintenance loan

Hi,

I am going into 1st year of university at 24 and will be 25 at the start of my 2nd year and will be classed as an independent student where they do not look at parents household income. I have never supported myself financially and have always lived with parents. Except for when I go to university where I am planning to move out. What is the maximum or minimum maintenance loan I would be eligible for in my 2nd year?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Original post by AJetha195
Hi,

I am going into 1st year of university at 24 and will be 25 at the start of my 2nd year and will be classed as an independent student where they do not look at parents household income. I have never supported myself financially and have always lived with parents. Except for when I go to university where I am planning to move out. What is the maximum or minimum maintenance loan I would be eligible for in my 2nd year?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Hi there,

When would you be starting your 2nd year? Would you be 25 before your next Academic Year starts? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

When would you be starting your 2nd year? Would you be 25 before your next Academic Year starts? Thanks, Ross
Hi, I would be turning 25 before the 2nd year. I would be starting my 2nd year in September 2025.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by AJetha195
Hi, I would be turning 25 before the 2nd year. I would be starting my 2nd year in September 2025.
Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately, we do not have the figures out for funding for the 25/26 Academic Year at this moment as it's still a while away. We will have some information regarding it most likely in a years time. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending