The Student Room Group

Does it make a difference when I apply for student finance?

Hello, I was wondering if it would make a difference if I applied for student finance (maintenance loan, tuition loan, and DSA) in May just before the deadline instead of now. Would I still be able to have everything sorted out by the time my course starts in September?
Original post by _Orangutan_
Hello, I was wondering if it would make a difference if I applied for student finance (maintenance loan, tuition loan, and DSA) in May just before the deadline instead of now. Would I still be able to have everything sorted out by the time my course starts in September?
Hi there,

We always advise applying as soon as you can because timescales increase as time goes on. Just to avoid delays (or incase further evidence is needed putting you in a new timescale), we advise to apply as soon as you can. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,
We always advise applying as soon as you can because timescales increase as time goes on. Just to avoid delays (or incase further evidence is needed putting you in a new timescale), we advise to apply as soon as you can. Thanks, Jason
Thanks for the response, I was also wondering if me applying as an independent student requires me to do anything differently on the application to what normally is required or will SFE automatically recognise that I will be 25 on the first day of my course and therefore allocate me the maximum maintenance loan.
Original post by _Orangutan_
Thanks for the response, I was also wondering if me applying as an independent student requires me to do anything differently on the application to what normally is required or will SFE automatically recognise that I will be 25 on the first day of my course and therefore allocate me the maximum maintenance loan.
Hi there. If you are going to be aged over 25 on the first day of the Academic Year then you will automatically be assessed as an independent student no evidence/change is required. Thanks - David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending