The Student Room Group

Apprentiship requirements

So I have a dilema I would like to apply for a apprentiship, but the requirements are to have 112 ucas points and I will admit i defiently will not achieve that I will obtain a mmp which is 80 points. Now i do have my excusses but that doesn't matter, just struggle with paper work which were distinctions as i have adhd so i just did the practicle stuff. However my practicle work is top tier, I know when you go to a Uni interview they won't look at grades in some cases if your portfolio is good, as my girlfriend has a good portfolio and got an unconditional. Now I didn't apply for unis as i won't be able to cope but i want to know will a apprentiship over look my grades if my portfolio is spectacular or are they like a must for apprentiships. Also if not will i even be offered a interview.
Reply 1
I would recommend applying but not getting your hopes up and having a back up plan. If they want 112 then that's the entry requirements of their partner university and you need both parties to accept you. Talk to a careers advisor and consider applying for a lower level apprenticeship if there are any relevent ones available. Also mention that your disabled as some employers are more lenient with disabled applicants (I mention it because I need adjustments) but to be honest I don't think you would make it to interview stage as you don't meet the requirements. What is the apprenticeship for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending