The Student Room Group

student finance second degree

hi,
I will be studying mechanical engineering as a second degree with foundation year full time. this will make me eligible to transfer to the part time version of the course after completion. my question is will be able to get funding for the foundation year as well?

thanks

Umar
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Umar0410
hi,
I will be studying mechanical engineering as a second degree with foundation year full time. this will make me eligible to transfer to the part time version of the course after completion. my question is will be able to get funding for the foundation year as well?

thanks
Hi there,

Can you please tell us the full name of the foundation year course and the university?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Can you please tell us the full name of the foundation year course and the university?

Thanks, Graeme
Hi
it will be at the Manchester metropolitan university for mechanical engineering ucas code is H308.

thanks
Hi
it will be at the Manchester metropolitan university for mechanical engineering ucas code is H308.

thanks
Thanks. The course only shows as a 3 year course on their database. Have they advised it's for 4 years? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thanks. The course only shows as a 3 year course on their database. Have they advised it's for 4 years? Thanks, Jason
Hi, on the the Manchester metropolitan university website it states that it can be done within 4 years if its part time in the evening. but because I do not have the right subjects I would have to do a foundation year on top.

thanks,

Umar
Hi, on the the Manchester metropolitan university website it states that it can be done within 4 years if its part time in the evening. but because I do not have the right subjects I would have to do a foundation year on top.

thanks,

Umar
Thanks. If it's an evening course this wouldn't attract funding. There is a 3 year part time one for 23/24. If it's for 24/25 the university haven't yet updated the details so we can't confirm this just yet. So currently the 3 year option would attract the funding. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Thanks. If it's an evening course this wouldn't attract funding. There is a 3 year part time one for 23/24. If it's for 24/25 the university haven't yet updated the details so we can't confirm this just yet. So currently the 3 year option would attract the funding. Thanks, Jason
Hi, I just checked, but cannot find the 3 year part time. I can only find a 4 year part time for mechanical or electrical engineering on the website.

thanks,

umar
Hi there. That UCAS code of H308 only brings up a full time 4 year course. There is no part time version under this code. As Jason stated, on the system we share with the university to check the courses, there is only a 3 year part time one.

You may be best speaking with the university about the course details, as they may not have updated them. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 8
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. That UCAS code of H308 only brings up a full time 4 year course. There is no part time version under this code. As Jason stated, on the system we share with the university to check the courses, there is only a 3 year part time one.

You may be best speaking with the university about the course details, as they may not have updated them. Thanks, Leah.
Hi, I think i have to apply directly to the university website through a different form instead of ucas. I have spoken to the university and they said that I can swap to the part time course if I complete the foundation year. will the foundation year be funded?

thanks,

Umar
Hi, I think i have to apply directly to the university website through a different form instead of ucas. I have spoken to the university and they said that I can swap to the part time course if I complete the foundation year. will the foundation year be funded?

thanks,

Umar
If it's an evening course at the university then you likely won't be eligible for funding. The course needs to be on the database to attract funding from us. There is a 3 year option that I've advised is a part time exception but there isn't a 4 year course (including foundation). You'd be best to check with the university for clarification and they can update the database accordingly if it's not an evening course. Thanks, Jason
Reply 10
If it's an evening course at the university then you likely won't be eligible for funding. The course needs to be on the database to attract funding from us. There is a 3 year option that I've advised is a part time exception but there isn't a 4 year course (including foundation). You'd be best to check with the university for clarification and they can update the database accordingly if it's not an evening course. Thanks, Jason
thanks, I will contact the university to clarify the course incase. but I think the foundation year is a separate course so it may not show up with the engineering degree. and will have to apply directly to the university.

thanks

Umar
thanks, I will contact the university to clarify the course incase. but I think the foundation year is a separate course so it may not show up with the engineering degree. and will have to apply directly to the university.

thanks

Umar
No problem. Let us know when you get a response 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending