The Student Room Group

Nursing as second degree - funding Q

Hi everyone,

I already have a Bachelors degree and have recently heard it’s possible to claim full undergraduate funding for nursing as a second degree.

Nursing is something I was already interested but I thought I needed to train up within a hospital who was willing to sponsor me.

I have heard however it’s possible to claim full tuition fee and maintenance loans to study nursing as a second degree - is this true and does anyone have any links to online info about this?
Original post by Sunflower999
Hi everyone,

I already have a Bachelors degree and have recently heard it’s possible to claim full undergraduate funding for nursing as a second degree.

Nursing is something I was already interested but I thought I needed to train up within a hospital who was willing to sponsor me.

I have heard however it’s possible to claim full tuition fee and maintenance loans to study nursing as a second degree - is this true and does anyone have any links to online info about this?

Hi there,

Yes, Nursing degrees are exempt from previous study rules as long as you're not already registered in the field you're looking to study. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi everyone,

Hi there,

Yes, Nursing degrees are exempt from previous study rules as long as you're not already registered in the field you're looking to study. Thanks, Jason

Awesome!

Do you know of any websites with more information about this?

I’m struggling to find any
Hi there,

Awesome!

Do you know of any websites with more information about this?

I’m struggling to find any
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/student-finance-how-youre-assessed-and-paid/student-finance-how-youre-assessed-and-paid-2023-to-2024

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending