The Student Room Group

Shamima Begum was made a scapegoat – we would welcome her back, say Bethnal Green res

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathperson
Her lawyers have vowed to not give up until their Spanish villas and Ferraris have been fully paid for.

Not entirely sure what point you are trying to make but she is entitled to legal representation and those who represent her are entitled to be paid for their labour.
Reply 41
I am just surprised that the family and friends who supported and encouraged her to go to Syria haven't joined her out there?
Original post by Muttly
I am just surprised that the family and friends who supported and encouraged her to go to Syria haven't joined her out there?

She went with two friends. They are dead.
Reply 43
Original post by jonathanemptage
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/welcome-her-back-bethnal-green-203654133.html
I saw this on yahoo it's ridiculous I mean even if she did come back she'd be put straight into prison wouldn't she? It's mad they think she'd just come home like nothing ever happened.
a lot of people forget that she was groomed at 15 and the canadian goverment was aware of the whole thig and allowed it to continue
Original post by mmmm.
a lot of people forget that she was groomed at 15 and the canadian goverment was aware of the whole thig and allowed it to continue

It's not that people forget, it's that those factors aren't the be all & end all.
Reply 45
Original post by Rakas21
She went with two friends. They are dead.
It is not just those two friends though is it? Those two friends conveniently silenced? It is those closest to her family who bear the most blame. Those who were powerful - the encouragers - the enablers, the people determined to use those stupid idiots as they always have done. Never the cowardly architects hiding in the wings. Sadly it is always the most gullible who acquiesce to the manipulation of others seeking power. They are still out there and crucifying one stupid evil woman will not prevent their crusade. If we fail to understand that then the real risk we are all face is to be destined to be an oppressed society in the next few decades. This is just the start.
Original post by Muttly
It is not just those two friends though is it? Those two friends conveniently silenced? It is those closest to her family who bear the most blame. Those who were powerful - the encouragers - the enablers, the people determined to use those stupid idiots as they always have done. Never the cowardly architects hiding in the wings. Sadly it is always the most gullible who acquiesce to the manipulation of others seeking power. They are still out there and crucifying one stupid evil woman will not prevent their crusade. If we fail to understand that then the real risk we are all face is to be destined to be an oppressed society in the next few decades. This is just the start.

How have you arrived at the conclusion that her own family have supported and encouraged her to join ISIS? Neither the UK government or investigative journalists have not made this claim, in fact it was reported she left the UK without their knowledge or consent.

Are you privy to information that has not been published in the media? In which case, could you share it? Or is this a fiction you have created in your head?
Original post by Gazpacho.

How have you arrived at the conclusion that her own family have supported and encouraged her to join ISIS? Neither the UK government or investigative journalists have not made this claim, in fact it was reported she left the UK without their knowledge or consent.

Are you privy to information that has not been published in the media? In which case, could you share it? Or is this a fiction you have created in your head?

Read the comment carefully, they never accused the family- they stated that the bigger fish is the people who radicalised the person in the first place- which they are suggesting are in the UK still doing the same thing.

Putting it simply, Shamima is the product of cowardly radicalists pulling the strings in the UK who are still undetected.

Again- shamima should still never come back.
Original post by SK-18
Read the comment carefully, they never accused the family- they stated that the bigger fish is the people who radicalised the person in the first place- which they are suggesting are in the UK still doing the same thing.

Putting it simply, Shamima is the product of cowardly radicalists pulling the strings in the UK who are still undetected.

I suggest you do the same and read the thread more carefully. Specifically post 41. It is unambiguous.

"I am just surprised that the family and friends who supported and encouraged her to go to Syria haven't joined her out there?"
Original post by Gazpacho.
Original post by SK-18

I suggest you do the same and read the thread more carefully. Specifically post 41. It is unambiguous.

"I am just surprised that the family and friends who supported and encouraged her to go to Syria haven't joined her out there?"

I didn’t read that 1, I was responding to the most recent comment of mutly
Shamima Begun is said to have been considering suicide following her latest failed court appeal.
She said
"I had started making the vest and everything!".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending