The Student Room Group

If predicted grades don't reach the entry requirements to a university

my predicted grades are AAB but the top university I would like to apply for is warwick university however their entry requirement for law is A*AA-AAA so I am only a grade short but i'm unsure if it's even worth applying. Will they reject me straight away? I am trying to boost my B to an A, much appreciated !!!! :biggrin:
(edited 6 months ago)
The AAA offer may be for contextual candidates. Have you checked whether you might be eligible for a contextual offer? (Most unis have a checking tool on their website)
I think A*AA to AAB is a bit of a reach and its unlikely. But if you do qualify for the contextual offer then it may be ok
Original post by alliam
my predicted grades are AAB but the top university I would like to apply for is warwick university however their entry requirement for law is A*AA-AAA so I am only a grade short but i'm unsure if it's even worth applying. Will they reject me straight away? I am trying to boost my B to an A, much appreciated !!!! :biggrin:

Ring them up and ask them what weighting they place on predicted grades for law and whether AAB predictions would be an automatic rejection or not.
Reply 4
Original post by alliam
my predicted grades are AAB but the top university I would like to apply for is warwick university however their entry requirement for law is A*AA-AAA

As above, check what the grade-range is all about.
Just remember that Law will be competitive and they may not consider anyone 'below' - so its worth asking about this as well.
Original post by alliam

I can't see A*AA-AAA. According to the page below it's A"AA with AAB for contextual offers.

https://warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/law/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending