The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan cancelled, thinking about leaving uni

In December 22 my job said we were going under refurbishment and send us on holidays for a month… we would open for san valentines… we never reopened and I had a court date last week. They got me on their payroll until April without liquidating the company. Had to find precarious jobs to keep my employment and grab shifts on agencies (nothing went well and I struggle to keep my employment, some places offering me a part time position ended up doing 3 4 doubles of 12/14 hours yeah, hospitality… haven’t got paid yet from court and looks like I’m not gonna get paid anytime soon due to this it lead me to debt… they owe me couple grand
Been providing evidence since November being my maintenance loan cancelled, today I got told my next payment is gonna be 400£ I really think it is excessive the decrease and I highly believe I’ve been wrongly assessed, also… we should keep in mind the different cases if you see my employment record is impeccable, im pretty overwhelmed even thinking about quitting my studies
Original post by Fab0072
In December 22 my job said we were going under refurbishment and send us on holidays for a month… we would open for san valentines… we never reopened and I had a court date last week. They got me on their payroll until April without liquidating the company. Had to find precarious jobs to keep my employment and grab shifts on agencies (nothing went well and I struggle to keep my employment, some places offering me a part time position ended up doing 3 4 doubles of 12/14 hours yeah, hospitality… haven’t got paid yet from court and looks like I’m not gonna get paid anytime soon due to this it lead me to debt… they owe me couple grand
Been providing evidence since November being my maintenance loan cancelled, today I got told my next payment is gonna be 400£ I really think it is excessive the decrease and I highly believe I’ve been wrongly assessed, also… we should keep in mind the different cases if you see my employment record is impeccable, im pretty overwhelmed even thinking about quitting my studies
Hi there,

We don't have account access over social media so you would need to contact us so we can check your finance for you and see if further evidence is required. You can use the live chat option online in your account Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm, or or call us on 0300 100 0607 Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and weekends till 4pm.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending