The Student Room Group

Most accredited Uni for Creative Writing (Film) in Bristol?

I have been researching and there seems to be a debate on which University will give an individual the best chance at starting a career in this field upon completion of the course. I was thinking the University of Bristol and to apply for the four year course in Creative and Professional Writing, with the work experience placement in the third year, as this gives you some valuable work experience. It seems to me the industry is now very competitive but on the other hand, with the advent of Netflix and other streaming services popularity, some work experience will always work in your favour when trying to find employment after completion of the course.

I've only attained GCSE's but achieved an A in English mixed Lit and Lang at a good school, as well as written some film reviews and synopsis' as a personal project to test my writing abilities before deciding if I wanted to commit to such a thing.

Is there a better choice for me? My dream career is as a writer of screenplays for Film and TV, potentially branching into film director territory as well.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending