The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Rejected from UAL foundation course

Hey guys… during January I applied for lvl 3 foundation course in fashion and as far i know it’s not soo tough to get as compared to the BA… I have pretty good academic scores and my portfolio isn’t bad honestly as compared to others I’ve seen in YouTube for foundation, I’d say it’s the same level. I don’t know, why did I get rejected?
Reply 1
I forgot to mention it was the foundation course at CSM
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys… during January I applied for lvl 3 foundation course in fashion and as far i know it’s not soo tough to get as compared to the BA… I have pretty good academic scores and my portfolio isn’t bad honestly as compared to others I’ve seen in YouTube for foundation, I’d say it’s the same level. I don’t know, why did I get rejected?

UAL will be in a much better position to answer that question that we will be. Have you asked for feedback?
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia

UAL will be in a much better position to answer that question that we will be. Have you asked for feedback?

Yes, I did! I am aware of it! I was just really disappointed and wanted to know if anything similar has happened to someone or if they had any idea! Although I did post this impulsively in sorrow…
Original post by Anonymous #1
Could we see your portfolio possibly?

While skill level is important, it’s just one aspect considered in CSM applications. They often seek unique and experimental work that demonstrates passion and suitability for their learning environment. Maybe you didn’t show enough sketchbook pages and planning? However, this is just my assumption; contacting UAL directly for clarification is best. Don’t be disheartened by not being accepted—it’s challenging to gauge someone’s true potential solely through a portfolio.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2
Could we see your portfolio possibly?

Hi! I dunno, is it possible to share it in this app?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #3
While skill level is important, it’s just one aspect considered in CSM applications. They often seek unique and experimental work that demonstrates passion and suitability for their learning environment. Maybe you didn’t show enough sketchbook pages and planning? However, this is just my assumption; contacting UAL directly for clarification is best. Don’t be disheartened by not being accepted—it’s challenging to gauge someone’s true potential solely through a portfolio.

You’re right, that’s what I heard from quite a lot of people! But its tough to make a portfolio that suits their style when I’ve never been there… well, I did make the portfolio unique and original, and used the maximum page limit given too. Yeah, I did ask them but they just told me that they don’t provide feedback unless one has given an interview so it wasn’t of much help haha
Hi! I dunno, is it possible to share it in this app?
Hi :smile: Maybe by uploading it to a onedrive and sharing the link? I'm not very sure 😅 That way we could give some pointers or something to help you out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending