The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Psychology with Criminology at loughborough

Hi guys,

I noticed on the modules for this course that there are no optional modules for y1 and y2. Is this a mistake? Or is there really no option for this.

Im also interested in hearing anyones experience with the course and the uni in general! Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys,

I noticed on the modules for this course that there are no optional modules for y1 and y2. Is this a mistake? Or is there really no option for this.

Im also interested in hearing anyones experience with the course and the uni in general! Thanks
Hi there,

I study Psychology at Loughborough and really enjoyed it. From my understanding this course doesn't have optional modules in first or second year as to be an accredited Psychology with Criminology degree there are compulsory modules to meet requirements from the Psychology and Criminology side. However, in straight Psychology we only have to meet the Psychology requirements to can chose some optional modules. I hope that makes sense. If you have any more questions about this I would recommend contacting: [email protected]

Some insight into Loughborough in general. Loughborough is very much a student town and as you are on a campus it has such a strong community feel- I really love this as it is not as overwhelming as being in a big city and you tend to see a lot of people you know. The facilities at Loughborough are amazing- particularly for sport but also for learning. During the week most social events happens on campus through the Student Union. For example, there tend to be 2 nights out in the week (Wednesday and Friday) and events during the day which differ week to week. Take a look at our student union website for more insight here. At the weekends more seems to happen off campus. In town (which is walking distance from campus) there are multiple pubs, bars, cafe's, restaurants and nightclubs which tend to be full of students at the weekend.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do ask 🙂

Alex
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending