The Student Room Group

Brampton manor sixth form or Newham collegiate?

Results dat us in 5 days, and I'm currently conflicted as to where to apply. I'm going to study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics for alevels, and I want to go into medicine. Brampton had 430 students receiving A*-A whereas NCS had 188.But what I want to know is which sixth form would be the best for me as someone who wants support going into medicine. Which sixth form is better?
Brampton is seriously tough, I have friends who went there, im not sure if things have changed much since but they will help you get really good grades at the cost of a lot of stress and time. Youre going to sudy the harder subjects so brampton will academically help you achieve high!!
I’m struggling with the same decision. I’m siding with NCS right now, slightly. There’s just a bad vibe I get from Brampton in every interaction ive had with them, can’t explain it, prob just me.
Original post by jhutchinson
I’m struggling with the same decision. I’m siding with NCS right now, slightly. There’s just a bad vibe I get from Brampton in every interaction ive had with them, can’t explain it, prob just me.

They aggressively push you to get the best results because it makes them look good. Not only that they also sued by a teacher who was discriminated against because of her disability. Working there is intimidating because they have a toxic culture where new teachers are expected to fall in line and anyone who complains is quickly fired.
Just saw on the News that 90% of Brampton Manor students straight A*/A. Must be tough tho
Original post by Burnitdown
They aggressively push you to get the best results because it makes them look good. Not only that they also sued by a teacher who was discriminated against because of her disability. Working there is intimidating because they have a toxic culture where new teachers are expected to fall in line and anyone who complains is quickly fired.

Hang on… that’s for teachers? How can I grow in an environment like that? Especially if my teachers keep changing. No wonder I have a bad vibe.

Did the person suing them win?
newham collegiate - thank me later
Original post by jhutchinson
Hang on… that’s for teachers? How can I grow in an environment like that? Especially if my teachers keep changing. No wonder I have a bad vibe.

Did the person suing them win?

Yeah. They did win. Turns out bullying is somewhat prevalent among the work place over there
Reply 8
Original post by Roxy0123
Brampton is seriously tough, I have friends who went there, im not sure if things have changed much since but they will help you get really good grades at the cost of a lot of stress and time. Youre going to sudy the harder subjects so brampton will academically help you achieve high!!

Thanks, do you know if they give a lot of support for aspiring medics, such as preparation for UCAT and BMAT? Because I heard NCS does a lot for that stuff but didn't hear much from brampton in that field.
bma also do not care about student mental health, good grades are always at the forefront and a priority, some teachers are also pretty cruel if you're an 'average' student
Original post by Burnitdown
Yeah. They did win. Turns out bullying is somewhat prevalent among the work place over there

Looked it up last night, absolutely awful treatment. Zero tolerance absense policy for staff, unbelievable. I think my minds made up. Even if I get the grades I don’t want to be anywhere near Brampton now. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Has anyone received an invitation to the taster days for Newham Collegiate Sixth Form?
PLEASE I need help,
I'm still confused on which one is the best for a person who wants to do medicine in the future
Reply 13
Original post by Hopefully Smart
PLEASE I need help,
I'm still confused on which one is the best for a person who wants to do medicine in the future

Hey i ended up going NCS and have friends at brampton. NCS gives more support for medicine applicants compared to brampton bc ncs has A LOT of medicine applicants.
But it doesn't make a huge difference both are great!
Original post by m_m28
Hey i ended up going NCS and have friends at brampton. NCS gives more support for medicine applicants compared to brampton bc ncs has A LOT of medicine applicants.
But it doesn't make a huge difference both are great!

hi, how have you found it so far? how was the teaching?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending